Active Now

Danilo_G
Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Animals (Wild) » I do not watch, read, or want to see any abuse of animals. Even when knowing the cycle of life, I am deeply saddened. What are you feelings?

I do not watch, read, or want to see any abuse of animals. Even when knowing the cycle of life, I am deeply saddened. What are you feelings?

No I have not, nor would never kill an animal. I am not vegan, but strive to eat open range and naturally raised meats.  

Posted - March 6, 2017

Responses

• I'm a life long animal lover and loathe the abuse of any animal. I'm also not a big fan of the zoo or circus, I just don't like using animals for human entertainment.
      March 6, 2017 5:32 AM MST

Happy animals taste better. If you're gonna eat meat, atleast treat the animal well before gobbling it up.
      March 6, 2017 5:57 AM MST

• My last Basset Hound was a rescue dog and the poor guy had been badly abused. Took a long time to make him feel at home and happy. I had to put him to sleep a couple of months ago after he bit my ex-wife. It was like he just didn't know what he was doing as she always was great to him. I spent a couple of thousand dollars for imaging and test only to find out that he had a tumor growing near a crack in his skull from where he had had been beaten. People that abuse animals are sick people that deserve capitol punishment and put away for life. If I could just get my hands on the guy that had him before me? Oh boy! 

This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at March 15, 2017 6:05 AM MDT
      March 6, 2017 6:20 AM MST

• I feel the same. It's contrary to much of my life-outlook but I know that I would take a gun to any abuser without remorse. It's when the abuse is insitutionalised - circuses, zoos (where inescusable neglect occurs), poultry farms, the list goes on - that arguments become inconsistent. But as regards individual abusers who do it for amusement or out of sheer callousness I wouldn't, couldn't, think twice. 
      March 6, 2017 7:42 AM MST

• You don't know me but the people that do know me know how close I was with that guy! When I saw the imaging results and the hairline cracks from being beaten? I almost blew up. I miss him badly.
      March 6, 2017 7:57 AM MST

Oh, Rooster...I'm so sorry.  All of my cats and dogs have been rescues, and well I know how these poor animals pay for the rest of their lives, as do we, for the evils done them.
      March 6, 2017 1:33 PM MST

• I haven't wanted to kill someone since Vietnam but I sure would nail this guy for what he did to my boy.
      March 6, 2017 2:32 PM MST

I had gotten a rescue from the local ASPCA.  She'd been removed from her owner for abuse and they knew we had experience with her breed.  I cried when I first saw her, and for many nights after until a year later she was full fleshed out and healthy and happy.

Long story short, we had an encounter with her previous owner.  It was 11:30PM, I was alone and 8 months pregnant with a huge puddle of terrified dog at my feet.  What do you do then?  I exploded on this hulk of a drunk SOB. He made a move for me and that dog made her choices.

It ended when I told him I didn't know how long I could hold the dog back....but she'd gotten her evens.  We were both satisfied.

March 6, 2017 3:03 PM MST

• Outstanding! Great for you and your dog!
      March 6, 2017 3:07 PM MST

It was quite the experience!  That dog was never the same.  After that she was a very self confident dog, and absolutely devoted to the baby and I.  Her horrid treatment, the lack of nutrition, the physical aspect of it all claimed her early as it did your boy.

But...at least she got her evens.

March 6, 2017 3:48 PM MST

• Such a shame to lose them because of some fool but you're right! She got even! Wish Hunter could have!
      March 6, 2017 5:25 PM MST

Sometimes killing is kindness, particularly if it's a "lessser of two evils" type of thing. I've shot rabbits, feral cats and foxes, no regrets and I'd do it again. Rabbits compete with native wildlife for food and ferociously ruin habitats, cats and foxes are the main reason why many marsupials are facing extinction - some are already, notably the lesser bilby. This post was edited by Slartibartfast at March 6, 2017 1:30 PM MST
      March 6, 2017 6:28 AM MST

People who abuse humans have a long way to go before they stop abusing animals. See it or don't see it, it is still happening. Putting higher value on animals begins with putting a higher value on each other. This post was edited by O-uknow at March 15, 2017 6:08 AM MDT
      March 6, 2017 6:39 AM MST

• I know you are right, but I often react differently. I don't know why, just being honest here. 
      March 6, 2017 6:44 AM MST

I don't abuse animals and believe we are caretakers of them. Abusing them is a violation of trust God put in us to oversee them. This post was edited by O-uknow at March 6, 2017 7:10 AM MST
      March 6, 2017 7:05 AM MST

I feel the same exact way. In fact, I do not want to go to any countries where dogs and cats are considered food.  Seeing that would tear me up inside.  I am unable to forget seeing things like that.
    I have a form of PTSD because of it. Images of animals in pain, ignored or abused could easily haunt me. I feel an obligation to do something and many times I am unable to.  
    :   (
      March 6, 2017 6:45 AM MST

• Hate it.   I've hunted and trapped a fair amount of animals but putting life in  agony for amusement or out of frustration . disgust me. This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at March 15, 2017 6:09 AM MDT
      March 6, 2017 7:10 AM MST

i dont like to see anyone abused, whether theyre people or animals
      March 6, 2017 9:28 AM MST

The cycle of life is what is intended to be.  I hunted and fished all my life.  Each time I took a life, domestic or wild, I thanked them and honored them for giving me their life that I and mine might live. I respected them by not wasting them.  They are all my brothers and sisters. We are taught that once we could talk, the 4 leggeds and the 2, and there is still a very great deal we can learn from them.

I was a vegetarian for a long time.  But it was a health choice, not one of morality.
      March 6, 2017 1:29 PM MST

i dont like to see abuse either
      March 8, 2017 1:48 PM MST