Active Now

Element 99
Discussion » Questions » Relationships » Will my marriage fail?

Will my marriage fail?

Mrs Didge and I have been married for 57 years. I thought we were happy. She thought we were happy. Then, this morning, I filled out one of Quizzy's questions about marriage and learned that I'm a total failure.

Here's the relevant bit: "You're Bad at Marriage. You're better off on your own, and there's nothing wrong with that. Some of us just weren't cut out to live with another human."

Please advise me what to do. Should we separate? And, if we do, who gets the dog? 

Posted - March 6, 2017

Responses

Have the Mrs. take the quiz. If she is also bad at marriage than you are both in the same boat and cancel each other out. If she is good at marriage stay with her to learn her secrets. If all else fails stay together for the sake of the dog. She's too old and frail to have to deal with divorced parents. Not to mention the shame involved. 
      March 6, 2017 10:59 PM MST

• I didn't think of doggy shame. That's a stopper. Maybe we'll have to try to tough it out. :(
      March 6, 2017 11:23 PM MST

Too bad for Mrs. D. Let me know when you're ready to start dating. :)
      March 7, 2017 3:16 AM MST

• Oh, boy. That's really set my heart a-flutter. 
      March 7, 2017 3:31 AM MST

• Of course it's not gonna fail! I'm sure she can't resist the horns and halo! 
      March 7, 2017 7:27 AM MST

• Whew! That's so reassuring, Angela. I was a little worried. :(
      March 7, 2017 1:37 PM MST

• Psych quizzes, especially those found online or in popular magazines, are always correct. You and your wife must separate.  The dog should choose for itself whom to live with.
      March 7, 2017 9:32 AM MST

• What about if I just take the dog when I go. Could I be charged  with dognapping?
      March 7, 2017 1:39 PM MST

• It is true dogs like to nap- not as much as cats though.  Maybe you could wrestle for it.
      March 7, 2017 2:10 PM MST

• Thanks, Whislte, but that won't work. She's tougher than me. 
      March 7, 2017 2:33 PM MST

theres no way we can know that
      March 7, 2017 9:37 PM MST