Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Outside the Mug » Would you love to just literally forget the people who've caused you the most harm?

Would you love to just literally forget the people who've caused you the most harm?

Posted - March 7, 2017

Responses

I have learned that it is best not to dwell on negatives, but to move forward instead.  I have had to end toxic relationships with people I love dearly.  I still love them, but I have worked far too hard on not dwelling on those hurts to spare them or their authors much thought.  When it gets so bad that you react to stress from them before they ever say a word - it's time to go.

I'm not bent on retribution or revenge...I haven't the time or inclination for that...  Why become just like what it is you despise?

March 7, 2017 10:21 AM MST

• That's never been a problem, Zack. Looking back I can only think of, at most, three of four people I'd put in that category. I rarely think of them at all. In fact, if you hadn't asked this question I wouldn't be thinking about them now. 

Now, if you'll excuse me for a few minutes, I have to go and stick a few more pins in their voodoo dolls. 
      March 7, 2017 2:48 PM MST

No, not really.

What they did and my reaction to them is part of what formed me---and I like what I am.

I do occasionally remember them, but there is no long any negative emotion attached to the memory.
      March 7, 2017 2:54 PM MST

• Works for me, Tom. Good answer. 
      March 7, 2017 3:05 PM MST

definitely
      March 7, 2017 8:55 PM MST

Thank you pearl.:-)
      March 7, 2017 8:56 PM MST