Active Now

Malizz
Spunky
Discussion » Questions » answerMug » Is It Possible To Disable CHAT Function Completely? Or, What Am I Doing Wrong?

Is It Possible To Disable CHAT Function Completely? Or, What Am I Doing Wrong?

I am short on time, and I already come on aMug as much as possible…between posting Q’s and comments, no time for chat!

So, I typed Offline, and when that didn’t work I went back and added Busy on top of that…but still once in a while the CHAT pops up, and I don’t want to seem rude, really appreciate the exchanges with fellow aMuggers…

But if I get extra time on aMug past posting questions and tendering comments, I want to go look at people’s blogs…so, is there a solution that I am missing, can you disable Chat completely?

Posted - March 7, 2017

Responses

you can always close the chat bar, thats what i do
      March 7, 2017 1:36 PM MST

• Pearl that is a wonderful suggestion, I did not even realize you could do that.
    Thank you SO much!
      March 7, 2017 1:46 PM MST

• Click the "GEAR" button on your chat
    Set your status to "Busy"
    Make sure Sounds & Popus are checked to "DISABLE"
    Click the double arror on the right to close the window
    You'll never know it is there 

March 7, 2017 1:41 PM MST

• Thank you Goatlumper, I just this moment did it...I already had both Offline and Busy, but now the two Disable boxes are checked also!
    And then Pearl's idea too, just collapsing the whole bar.
      March 7, 2017 1:48 PM MST

If I don't see a green dot by someone's avatar I assume they don't want to talk and that's OK I won't bother them but not everybody does that.

I can still see you in the chat bar.  You have a red dot by your avatar and it says you're offline which isn't a big deal because people can still click on it and send you a message anyway!
      March 7, 2017 1:46 PM MST

• Thank you Livvie, I did not even know that...now it is changed to BUSY, and then I checked the "disable" boxes also.
      March 7, 2017 1:51 PM MST

Whatever you did worked because now you're not in the chat box anymore.

I'll have to do that to for those times I want to be on AM during a really short break at work!

I don't want to be rude to anybody but if I'm on a short break going back to work just can't wait.
      March 7, 2017 1:54 PM MST

• I wuz gonna answer but you've all the nitty gritty so I'll just say, Good morrow, Virginia. 

(One of the first things I did when I joined was disable Chat. It can be very time consuming.)
      March 7, 2017 1:53 PM MST

• And a fine g'day to you, Dozy!
      March 7, 2017 2:08 PM MST

Hi Virginia.  The easiest option to disable the chat function is to click on the gear icon, then click on "invisible," then click on the blue box that says "Set my stat." No one will be able to see your name in the chat box so they won't be able to reach out except through private message. You will always be invisible until you click on the "Chat Now" function at the bottom of the Chat Options box.  This is as close as you can get to disabling the chat function.
      March 7, 2017 3:33 PM MST

Why does it bother you? I know this website has chat somewhere, but I've never paid any attention to it, and never thought about it.
      March 8, 2017 7:15 AM MST

Hi VirginiaL, I use iPad and the chat option is not there, once I used my laptop and I noticed the chat option then.
      March 9, 2017 11:33 PM MST