Active Now

Element 99
Discussion » Questions » Humor and Jokes » Normal bodily functions....funny...or gross?

Normal bodily functions....funny...or gross?

Posted - March 7, 2017

Responses

• Neither funny nor gross. They're just normal. Usually, good manners dictate that we don't exercise them in public but when there's a health problem then whatever happens, happens.
      March 7, 2017 2:42 PM MST

• You disappoint me. A fart, especially a very poorly timed one, is not funny?
      March 8, 2017 6:55 PM MST

• I don't think so. I know they're the subject of humour for some people but that's beyond my comprehension. Tere are exceptions, of course, but in my opinion they're rare.
      March 8, 2017 7:54 PM MST

• Here, maybe you'll like this...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vN3wpR-l1pk
      March 8, 2017 8:10 PM MST

• I doubt it. 
      March 8, 2017 8:17 PM MST

• Context, Angela, its about context. They could very well be both, or other things, like timely, infuriating, sad or embarrassing, given the audience. 
    Think of someone falling on their face, doing the "Scorpion", as skaters call it. Funny? Terrifying? Instructive? Context, I say. :) This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at March 7, 2017 5:52 PM MST
      March 7, 2017 2:46 PM MST

• What is this "scorpion"?
      March 7, 2017 3:38 PM MST

• A faceplant so severe, that the legs curl up behind the head. Its bad. 
      March 7, 2017 3:40 PM MST

• Thanks.
      March 8, 2017 6:53 PM MST

As Didge says, essentially normal.

Funny or gross is pretty much an age related thing.  (Scatological jokes are big among the preteens.)

I am perfectly comfortable with the smells and odors I produce and with those of most other adults---but I do tend to limit the ones of mine that I am willing to share with others. 
      March 7, 2017 2:48 PM MST

• Scatology is fun for all people who are morally upright and intelligent.  One never out grows a good fart joke.
      March 7, 2017 3:36 PM MST

Interesting.

I am morally upright and intelligent, and like checkers, every fart joke game possible has been played---and I must have heard all of them.

Perhaps that is why I personally no longer think them funny.

But I agree---there is nothing wrong with a good fart joke.
      March 7, 2017 3:42 PM MST

• You might enjoy the book, "The Zen of Farting"  Amazon.
      March 8, 2017 8:05 PM MST

• Neither ... Necessary!
    It's funny but my response jumped into my head as soon as I saw the question ... Then find Didge has beaten me to it!
    Bloody Aussies ... Must be something in the water!
      March 7, 2017 2:54 PM MST

• Just like the delivery of a good joke, it's all about timing. Sure, it can be most embarrassing, but can also be fuel [sic] for a great big belly laugh. Laughing at ourselves, makes it even more enjoyable.

March 7, 2017 3:06 PM MST

Personally, I have never like Limburger---but my aunt did.
      March 7, 2017 3:43 PM MST

I close my nose when I walk by cheese aisle in 'Whole Foods'....it is nauseating! This post was edited by Veena.K at March 8, 2017 3:11 AM MST
      March 7, 2017 6:12 PM MST

• Never trust someone who will not laugh at a fart.
      March 7, 2017 3:20 PM MST

• That's my thought! Given the right environment, I find bodily functions hysterical!
      March 7, 2017 5:46 PM MST

Sometimes it's funny.  IDK why.

If it's something like a fart the more inappropriate the situation is the funnier it is like if it's in church or at the opera or something like that.

My half brother thought it was funny when he would walk in front of the TV and fart and then yell something like Oh yeah that's a real fart!  Definitely not funny!  I totally don't know what went on inside of that guy's head.  My brother and I weren't laughing because it was pretty lame because it was lame until the time he had diarrhea but didn't know it yet and he was wearing boxer shorts.

My brother and I went outside on the front porch and waited for mom and dad to get home.  When they came home we told them not to go in there but listening to my half brother getting yelled at was just hilarious.
      March 7, 2017 3:23 PM MST

• At fart in church or an opera is more interesting than what is being presented.  And you're wrong. Farts are always funny.  Of course they should not be liquid or lumpy.   I think your brother and I would get along rather well.  Have him Google "1601" by Mark Twain.  Make a gift to him of "The Zen Of Farting".
      March 7, 2017 3:31 PM MST

It was mostly liquid and a little lumpy and it was all over the carpet plus the coffee table.  That's what made it funny.  What made it even funnier was he couldn't get it cleaned up before mom and dad came home.

My dad hardly ever cusses.  I've only heard my dad cuss three times in my life and that was one of them lol.
      March 7, 2017 3:39 PM MST

• Please remember Psalm 100.

Was your dad upset because he missed the entertainment?
      March 7, 2017 3:49 PM MST

Shout for joy to the Lord!

Dad definitely shouted to the Lord but it wasn't joy.
      March 7, 2017 9:14 PM MST