Active Now

Danilo_G
Malizz
Element 99
Discussion » Questions » Animals (Wild) » Why do some animals make stupid sounds? Why don't they just shut up?

Why do some animals make stupid sounds? Why don't they just shut up?

Cats purr, very soothing.  Bird sing, very pleasant.  But a hen or rooster sound stupid and annoying.  Why don't they just shut their beaks?

Posted - March 7, 2017

Responses

• LOL well that's *your* perspective.. but not everyone feels the same.. some hate cats purring.. I have a cat that sounds like a hammer drill when he purrs :P  We have a rooster somewhere near us.. it never shuts up.. personally I find it amusing.. My neighbours used to have ducks.. quack quack all day.. didn't bother me... the neighbour currently has a dog.. and he's rarely home and it's a german shepherd.. it barks almost non stop.. doesn't bother me..  so  I guess some sounds bother some but not others?
      March 7, 2017 3:44 PM MST

• To hate the purring of cats is a great moral wickedness.
      March 7, 2017 5:32 PM MST

• Wow, that's strange. My neighbour has a German Shepherd and someone nearby has a rooster, well had a rooster. The sound of foxes in the gardens coincided with a lack of cocking and doodling.
    Your cat! Did you ever see the Eddie Izzard sketch about cats drilling behind the sofa?
    And yeah, one of my favourite sounds in the world is the slightly grumpy sound of quacking or just ducks just quacking about. 
      March 8, 2017 2:46 AM MST

• Lol maybe we are neighbours :P  Love the bit about cocking and doodling :P
      March 8, 2017 8:47 AM MST

• Thank you, Day. You can't cock without a doodle. )
      March 11, 2017 3:49 AM MST

• What the Fox the Fox sounds like? Really. Im my mind I have no concept of what that sound maybe like. I thought they made no noise. . .im thinking they have a high pitch whine or yelp.. .maybe?
      March 10, 2017 9:49 AM MST

• It's not melodious. It's actually very screachy. The weird thing is the dogs take no notice, some kind of nod to each other. I do like having them around, though. )
      March 11, 2017 3:33 AM MST

cause god gave them that voice, personally people talking annoys me more than animals for some reason
      March 7, 2017 4:57 PM MST

• Ah!  But why did god give them an annoying voice? 
      March 7, 2017 5:01 PM MST

• Just to piss you off, maybe there's something about you that...just. .rubs...God...the wrong way. No?
      March 10, 2017 9:52 AM MST

• This does not piss me off, not at all.  But it assumes there is a god, a very debatable assumption. 
      March 10, 2017 6:59 PM MST

• That's the kind of stuff that rubs him wrong right there you see?
      March 10, 2017 9:00 PM MST

• Shouldn't a god be emotionally stronger than that?
      March 11, 2017 3:51 AM MST

• I don't know, how a God should be. 
      March 11, 2017 6:45 AM MST

• Not feeling put off by disbelief.
      March 11, 2017 3:32 PM MST

• Some would say disbelief is a belief itself.
      March 11, 2017 3:35 PM MST

• Of course it is.
      March 11, 2017 4:08 PM MST

• Ha
      March 11, 2017 5:39 PM MST

• Good one!
      March 10, 2017 9:50 AM MST

• Hi Whistle6,

Well I spent the winter of 2015-6 near Olequa Creek in Washington State, and I grew to love the sound of the two hens cackling...Sophie and Charlotte...they were the matriarchs of that prairie.

Once I was mimicking them, and they came running down from their cozy roost, I am convinced they wanted to see my egg! So after that, when it was time for them to come into their chicken Hilton for the night, I would just start my cackling song, and they would come.

So idk, maybe it is all in the ear of the beholder?
      March 8, 2017 2:33 AM MST

• Or maybe I'm just being silly?
      March 10, 2017 7:00 PM MST

• Nah, not you Whistle6...I don't believe THAT
      March 10, 2017 7:03 PM MST

• HA! Well played!
      March 10, 2017 7:05 PM MST

I'm sorry.... there are times when I can't help myself.... I'll try being quieter in future.
      March 8, 2017 2:48 AM MST