Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Animals (Wild) » Why do some animals make stupid sounds? Why don't they just shut up?

Why do some animals make stupid sounds? Why don't they just shut up?

Cats purr, very soothing.  Bird sing, very pleasant.  But a hen or rooster sound stupid and annoying.  Why don't they just shut their beaks?

Posted - March 7, 2017

Responses

• I would take the sound of poultry over Mariah Carey any day.
      March 8, 2017 2:49 AM MST

• Hey!
    You're about to cross the line.
    That woman Is a National Treasure.
    By the way, got a CD yesterday, at a thrift store. I paid fifty cents for it, which I have to admit is at least twenty five cents more than it is worth, but I Saw it and HAD to get it.
    Care to take a guess?? This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at March 10, 2017 10:16 AM MST
      March 10, 2017 9:56 AM MST

Gotta watch those critters... they can be downright dangerous at times.

March 8, 2017 3:06 AM MST

• Oh..BabyDol THAT is precious
      March 8, 2017 9:27 AM MST

It is, I laughed my head off when I came across it. :-)
      March 8, 2017 3:50 PM MST

We don't seem to shut up either.
      March 11, 2017 5:48 PM MST

Hi Whistle6~ Not to sound bitter and certainly not to know because I don't.... but, did you ever stop to think how the animals might think WE sound?  Maybe they think we sound absolutely loud, obnoxious and annoying.
    What about all the boats we put in their homes that screech above their houses?
    Or us yelling at each other in anger?
    Or laughing with each other?  
    What about all the noise pollution at a ball game?
    Or just the tone of our voices individually?
    How about when we play the drums or the guitar and sing at the top of our lungs.
    I would think all the animals on this planet who have better hearing than us would find all humans to be out of control, disrespectful and annoyingly loud. 
      March 22, 2017 12:08 PM MDT