Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Relationships » Did you know that stepping carelessly on manhole covers can affect your love life?

Did you know that stepping carelessly on manhole covers can affect your love life?

In Sweden manhole covers are marked with either 'k' or 'a'. Some people believe that the “k” represents kärlek (love) and the “a” signifies avbruten (broken love). If you step on too many a covers your love life is likely to end up in the sewer (yeah, yeah, I know). 

Here's a link.

What superstitions govern your life? And if you say you're not superstitious you'd better tap on wood to make sure no demons heard you say it. 

Posted - March 7, 2017

Responses

no, never heard of that
      March 7, 2017 4:55 PM MST

• I'll bet Sapphic Heart knows about it. We'll find out when she comeson. :)
      March 7, 2017 4:59 PM MST

• I hadn't thought of that angle. Unlike you I don't mind walking under ladders but I wont do so without looking up first.
      March 7, 2017 6:05 PM MST

I don't know if this is a superstition but I feel even numbers prove to be lucky for me, before I start something good I try to see the time...;)) Paradoxically my hubby believes odd numbers are lucky for him,,..I got married on 7th......imagine....me and a odd number......but fortunately life is treating me good...touchwood;))
      March 7, 2017 5:34 PM MST

• Love it. :)
      March 7, 2017 6:06 PM MST

Ha ha thanks Didge;))
      March 7, 2017 6:07 PM MST

I've never heard of that, who knew a manhole cover could affect your love life. Here in the u.s. children have been known to avoid cracks and lines in the sidewalk.... Step on a crack break your mother's back, step on the line and you kiss Frankenstein. :)
      March 8, 2017 3:38 AM MST

• I think you have to be in Sweden for that to happen. And, yep, I've heard that jingle. :)
      March 8, 2017 9:19 AM MST

I wonder if driving over them counts. I have one in my parking spot and that could explain a lot.
      March 8, 2017 4:17 AM MST

• That would be grounds to sell up and move, Jane. I'd get another parking spot, or another house if necessary, ASAP. :)
      March 8, 2017 9:20 AM MST