Discussion » Questions » Politics » If insurance companies MUST sell you insurance when you get sick, WHY would anybody BUY insurance when they're healthy?

If insurance companies MUST sell you insurance when you get sick, WHY would anybody BUY insurance when they're healthy?

Hello:

I'm NOT an economist, but that's gonna BANKRUPT the insurance companies, isn't it??  Yes, that's part of the Republican plan..  Read about it HERE.

excon

Posted - March 8, 2017

Responses

• Your question sounds like a lyric from an old Carmen Miranda song: 

The window she is broken and the rain is comin' in
    If someone doesn't fix it I'll be soaking to my skin
    But if we wait a day or two the rain may go away
    And we don't need a window on such a sunny day.
      March 8, 2017 10:33 AM MST

Why do you buy auto insurance before you've had an accident? Why do you buy life insurance while you're alive? Same principle - it's not that hard to grasp.
      March 8, 2017 11:06 AM MST

Lol, why do people turn these things into rocket science?
      March 8, 2017 8:57 PM MST

Hello again, Stu:

You buy auto insurance because you MIGHT need it..  But, if they let you buy it AFTER you've HAD an accident, that wouldn't be good, would it??  The right wing health care law says the insurance industry MUST sell you insurance AFTER you get sick..  That ain't gonna work, is it???

excon
      March 9, 2017 6:35 AM MST

• It's the Republicans... no one said it had to make sense
      March 8, 2017 11:31 AM MST

If you're sick they mark it up 1,000,000%. You'll have "access" to it, but won't be able to afford it.

March 8, 2017 11:41 AM MST

Some folks just might be responsible enough. Imagine that. If you can't we are so doomed, *sigh*. This post was edited by O-uknow at March 8, 2017 9:00 PM MST
      March 8, 2017 8:58 PM MST

cause they want to make sure you have it when youre sick
      March 9, 2017 2:55 PM MST