Discussion » Questions » Travel » Was your commute better today because all the women stayed home?

Was your commute better today because all the women stayed home?

#WomynzDay

Posted - March 8, 2017

Responses

I'm one of the ones staying home. Actually, I'm staying at friends' house---for a week! I take that day to a different level. Why one day? 

I am a little bored---watching tv shows, having coffee, eating muffins, and petting their dog, while they go to work. Then I work crossword puzzles, read my book, and get on social media. 
      March 8, 2017 11:17 AM MST

Do you have a job?
      March 8, 2017 11:26 AM MST

@Mr. Bromide, of course, I have a job. Do you expect me to be constantly working, like people who work 9-5 jobs? I'm an artist. It's hard work and I need breaks. Long ones, sometimes---to keep my creativity going. Spring break is coming up this coming Wednesday, so I'm taking that, too. Besides, my friends, who have 8-5 jobs, go with me, too. Trips are not far from the house, wherever we go. 
      March 9, 2017 5:01 PM MST

also known as Sandwich appreciation day. millions of women have to slave in the kitchen making sandwiches for their boyfriends, husbands, partners etc..
      March 8, 2017 11:37 AM MST

My commute was the same but I live in the middle of nowhere so I never hit any heavy traffic anyway.

I didn't notice any women taking off work at any of the places I go to for my job.  They all showed up.
      March 8, 2017 7:04 PM MST

i didnt stay home, i just started a new job and didnt want to lose it by staying home
      March 9, 2017 2:53 PM MST