Active Now

WelbyQuentin
Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Human Behavior » You are travelling down in an elevator when it jams leaving you trapped inside with one other person.

You are travelling down in an elevator when it jams leaving you trapped inside with one other person.

How do you relate to them? What do you talk about? 

Posted - March 8, 2017

Responses

• Might as well introduce myself and make small talk till it works again. Try to keep us from panic! Then try my best not to fart! LOL
      March 8, 2017 12:45 PM MST

• It's amazing that during those times that you really don't want to fart is when you really have too, lol!
      March 8, 2017 12:56 PM MST

• Sure seems that, doesn't it? LOL
      March 8, 2017 12:57 PM MST

• That would certainly kill the conversation. :(
      March 8, 2017 12:59 PM MST

• I'll just make small talk until it gets working again. Who knows, you could wind up with a new friend.  :)
      March 8, 2017 12:58 PM MST

• Way to go. 
      March 8, 2017 12:59 PM MST

Been there.  I sat down and took a little nap.  I REALLY didn't want to chat up the other occupant.
      March 8, 2017 1:56 PM MST

• Dozy, I went online and got some GREAT suggestions...but I wouldn't really do these because times are kinda scary now, get misunderstood!

• Grimace painfully while smacking your forehead and muttering: "Shut up, dammit, all of you just shut UP!"
    • Crack open your briefcase or purse, and while peering inside ask: "Got enough air in there?"
    • Greet the person with a handshake and ask him/her to call you Admiral.
    • Stare, grinning, at the other passenger for a while, and then announce: "I've got new socks on!"
    • Moan: "Oh, not now, damn motion sickness!"
    • Meow occasionally.
    • Sing "Mary had a little lamb" while pushing buttons in time.
    • Stare at the other passenger for a while, then announce "You're one of THEM!" and move to the far corner of the elevator.
    • Shadow box.
    • Draw a little square on the floor with chalk or your finger and announce to the other passenger that this is your "personal space."
    • Announce in a demonic voice,  looking at the other passenger: "I must find a more suitable host body."
    • Start pressing buttons and make explosion noises with each one.
    • Start brushing off invisible bugs from your arms, screaming "Aaughh! Get them off!"
    This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at March 9, 2017 3:30 PM MST
      March 8, 2017 2:35 PM MST

• I had a funny experience in a stalled lift back in the 1980s. It was jam-packed with people returning from lunch. I'll PM you when I get a chance. It doesn't bear repeating here.
      March 8, 2017 3:10 PM MST

• Yes, please do Dozy.
      March 8, 2017 4:09 PM MST

• I ask why the hell did they press That button for. It's interesting listening to their babble and certainly passes the time
      March 8, 2017 3:08 PM MST

• Aw you're just a meanie, Ozgirl. Baaad Ozgirl. 
      March 8, 2017 3:11 PM MST

• i know Didge... but it's hard to panic when you're busy defending yourself.
    But seriously  i once worked in a building on the 11th floor... one lift was notorious for losing control and just cycling between the basement and the top floor not stopping anywhere ... a girl got caught in it one Friday afternoon ... you could hear her screams each time it went past our floor  ... she was a bit of a mess by the time they stopped it ... not nice at all This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at March 8, 2017 4:09 PM MST
      March 8, 2017 3:15 PM MST

• It'd be dreadful for somebody with claustrophobia, and it sounds as though that might have been the case. 
      March 8, 2017 3:49 PM MST

• I don't think it was claustrophobia Didge  ... it happened to me once for a few minutes .... i wasn't screaming or overly worried because I'd seen it happen before ... what did concern me at the time was im suspended in a metal box by a cable 11 floors up and that cable is being controlled by something that is malfunctioning ... after the third time into the basement it does become a worry
      March 8, 2017 3:53 PM MST

• It sounds as though it was allowed to continue far too long before calling in the mechanics for a major overhaul on the lift.
      March 8, 2017 3:55 PM MST

• True... the woman that owned the building was a real tight wad apparently
      March 8, 2017 3:57 PM MST

• Oh man...I'd ask to borrow $5 and stare at them awkwardly
      March 8, 2017 3:17 PM MST

• Might be better to look at them threateningly. :)
      March 8, 2017 3:49 PM MST

• "Lend me $5"
      March 8, 2017 4:00 PM MST

• Oh I like this thread!
      March 8, 2017 4:10 PM MST

we talk about how to get out of the elevator
      March 9, 2017 2:50 PM MST

• Ha!
      March 10, 2017 11:49 AM MST

Well, if we were stuck there for a while, I would probably get them to play "I spy"

or have sex

whichever one they were willing to do with me.
      March 9, 2017 3:33 PM MST