Active Now

Element 99
Malizz
Shuhak
Discussion » Questions » Environment » Its getting too light in the morning and too dark in the evening. What can we do to fix this?

Its getting too light in the morning and too dark in the evening. What can we do to fix this?

When we get up and when we get off from work and school.

Posted - March 9, 2017

Responses

What if we turn the clocks ahead? That could work. I might try it this weekend.
      March 9, 2017 6:54 AM MST

There you go :)
      March 9, 2017 7:01 AM MST

• Your wish shall be granted.
      March 9, 2017 8:33 AM MST

• Sun glasses. A flash light. Quit your job or drop out of school and stay in all day.
      March 9, 2017 8:36 AM MST

we have daylights savings this wknd, that should take care of it
      March 9, 2017 10:49 AM MST

I take it O-uKnow lives in the Southern Hemisphere!

It's the opposite here at 50-odd degrees North, with sunrise somewhere near 6am and becoming progressively earlier, and the evenings drawing out.

What can anyone do about it?, Well, nowt of course. We can't change astronomical processes!

So-called "Daylight Saving" is really a bit of con, certainly in name. It merely adjusts our working day to take more advantage of the available daylight. It "saves" nothing, because the actual lengths of light and dark are not changed. All we do is put our artificial (and natural "body"?) clocks out of phase with the natural noon and midnight set by the Earth's rotation and observer's longitude.

It was introduced in Britain in WW2, and some supposedly believed it was to make it more difficult for the Luftwaffe's bombing raids. Obviously it could not do so: the bombers still had sufficient darkness hours even if the two countries' clocks indicated different times. I think the real reason for "British Summer Time" was to help farmers.
      March 16, 2017 9:23 PM MDT