Active Now

Danilo_G
Shuhak
Discussion » Questions » Family » If you are in a childless marriage, is it by choice or circumstance?

If you are in a childless marriage, is it by choice or circumstance?

Posted - March 9, 2017

Responses

We started too late. 
      March 9, 2017 1:13 PM MST

I know many couples in my circle of friends who have decided to not have children by deliberate choice. They realize what a harsh world we live in, and believe in the prophetic words of Jesus Christ who said: "woe to the pregnant women and those nursing a baby in those days. For then there will be great tribulation such as has not occurred since the world's beginning until now, no, nor will occur again. (Matthew 24:19, 21) they look to a world under the Messianic kingdom that will fulfill the words of the prophet Isaiah and having children will be a delight. The bible promises: "no more will there be an infant from that place who lives but a few days, they will build houses and live in them, And they will plant vineyards and eat their fruitage. They will not build for some one else to inhabit, Nor will they plant for others to eat. For the days of my people will be like the days of a tree, and the work of their hands my chosen ones will enjoy to the full. They will not toil for nothing, nor will they bear children for distress. Because they are the offspring made up of those blessed by Jehovah, and their descendents with them. The wolf and the lamb will feed together, the lion will eat straw just like the bull, and the serpent's food will be dust. They will do no harm nor cause any ruin in all my holy mountain." (Isaiah 65:20, 21-23,25)
    I was of the same mindset, and didn't want to bring children into this hideous world. We ended up having two kids. As much as I love my children i wish they had been born in the promised righteous new world. (2peter 3:13) This post was edited by Autumnleaves at March 26, 2017 10:57 PM MDT
      March 26, 2017 10:51 PM MDT