Active Now

Danilo_G
Element 99
Discussion » Questions » Home and Garden » Are you an apartment dweller, do you've paper thin walls, my present one has and I can almost write a story about my neighbors?

Are you an apartment dweller, do you've paper thin walls, my present one has and I can almost write a story about my neighbors?

Posted - March 9, 2017

Responses

• As recent apartment dwellers, we have not found that to be the case. I have to believe that many newer complexes are being better insulated for that. Depending on your neighbors, it could be an interesting story. 
      March 9, 2017 4:45 PM MST

It is, there's a University about 10 miles from my place, students throng our area and umm you can imagine;))
      March 9, 2017 4:53 PM MST

I live in a condo with poured concrete walls, so there is little noise transfer. However, the building is a hotbed of gossip and I could also write a story about many of my neighbors.
      March 9, 2017 5:48 PM MST

Luckily no noise transfer, it's true Jane, there are  juicy stories  right in front of us...neighbors make good characters;))
      March 9, 2017 8:46 PM MST

Apartment buildings that were built pre-WWII had thick walls and you could hardly hear anything from next door.  The ones that were built for middle income after the war were put up with dry wall and duct tape.  I can hear almost everything next door, upstairs and below.  Fortunately for me, the up and downstairs neighbors are pretty quiet.  The one next door is a door slammer, closet door banger, etc.
      March 9, 2017 7:37 PM MST

I agree, nowadays everything is commercialized..ha ha dry wall and duct tape oh no;))
      March 9, 2017 8:48 PM MST
  • AG

I live in a small apartment with two other apartments in the building. I don't really hear much of anything except for some of my neighbours when I'm going downstairs to do laundry. I don't mind anyway because I am now friends with the leaseholder below me and her boyfriend. She even wants to steal me from my leaseholder. Haha
      March 10, 2017 3:59 AM MST