Active Now

Malizz
my2cents
Shuhak
Randy D
Discussion » Questions » Food and Drink » Do you have a good Guacamole' recipe?

Do you have a good Guacamole' recipe?

Posted - March 10, 2017

Responses

I don't like it but I suppose I could be in possession of a good recipe.
      March 10, 2017 11:37 AM MST

• Yes.

Go to store and buy one Haas avacado,  salsa, and some tortilla chips.   Make sure Haas avacado is soft but slightly firm.

Now that you are home pour chips into large bowl.   Pour salsa in appropriately sized ramekin.

Now take fresh Haas avacado and toss it into trash receptacle.

Return to sofa and enjoy tortilla chips dipped in salsa. 
      March 10, 2017 1:56 PM MST

• The recipe adapts well for refried beans as well.    Just replace Haas avacado with pinto beans.
      March 11, 2017 3:26 PM MST

• Dear Element 99,
    I do not, but I love guacamole, and if you get one I would like to copy it too.

I am glad to see you ask for recipes, I may ask a similar question now. The recipe exchange group on aMug does not seem to be active!
      March 10, 2017 1:57 PM MST

Here is mine. Avacados depending on the amount you wish to make. Mash them but leave it slightly lumpy. Finely chopped onion and garlic. Salsa, thick and chunky. Squeeze half a lime into it. Some chili powder. Add salt to taste. I don't measure the ingredients but I sample it periodically for taste.
      March 11, 2017 3:24 PM MST

• ty Element 99, not only does the recipe look delicious, but easy to make also!
      March 11, 2017 3:35 PM MST

• Two avocados, mashed. Pinch of cilantro, chopped onions, and chopped jalapenos. A couple teaspoons of lime juice. Salt. Mix well and chill. 

If you're a Californian who doesn't know how to make guacamole, you're nothing :P
      March 10, 2017 5:46 PM MST

Sounds good. It don't use heat though as some prefer it without. I keep a bottle of Tabasco nearby.
      March 12, 2017 7:50 AM MDT

• The jalapeños will give it some zing. I'm not big on adding salsa to guacamole, but obviously a lot of recipes do.
      March 12, 2017 9:30 AM MDT

Arizona too.
      March 10, 2017 7:43 PM MST