Active Now

Spunky
Danilo_G
CosmicWunderkind
Malizz
Shuhak
Discussion » Questions » Life and Society » Do you buy your toilet paper, dish soap, soap, cereal, etc from online? Apparently you can do that on Amazon.
AG

Do you buy your toilet paper, dish soap, soap, cereal, etc from online? Apparently you can do that on Amazon.

Posted - March 10, 2017

Responses

• No, never have. Always the grocery store for those items at better prices because you're not paying shipping charges.
      March 10, 2017 1:29 PM MST

• I really don't mind getting out and going shopping. Always some good looking females at the store! LOL
      March 10, 2017 1:35 PM MST

• You betcha! Shopping and good scenery go together!
      March 10, 2017 1:41 PM MST

•   March 10, 2017 5:37 PM MST

I think that if you purchase a certain amount, your shipping fees are waived.
      March 10, 2017 1:37 PM MST

If you are going to order that stuff online, try someplace else. Amazon will absolutely kill you on the shipping & handling. This post was edited by Zack at March 10, 2017 2:50 PM MST
      March 10, 2017 1:32 PM MST

• Nah,  free shipping on almost anything if you buy $60.     Just order everything you want and need together and free.

OR

Create a new email.   Start an account on Amazon with new email.   Get free Prime for a month.

I never pay shipping on Amazon unless it's something from China and the shipping price is still cheaper than American prices without shipping.   Which does happen with some parts.
      March 10, 2017 1:38 PM MST

Yes, but it gets to be awfully annoying. I was buying cat food for years, and last month they announced they couldn't ship it to my address any more. I tried to buy a milkshake blade for my blender, but they couldn't ship that to my address. Every now and then I try to order something that can't be shipped to my address, no reason offered.

Then there are the sellers that don't ship through US mail. USPS does not deliver to street addresses here, UPS does not deliver to P.O. boxes, and Fedex will deliver to a P.O. box but changes the address to the address of the post office. If they ship by Fedex, the clerk does not know what to do with the package, so they return it as "address unknown". And the seller thinks it's my fault for giving a phony address. Sellers do not mention what carrier they are going to use, so it gets to be a crapshoot to order anything.
      March 10, 2017 1:37 PM MST

Not really. I tried to join nextdoor.com and they sent a postcard to my street address to verify my identity. It never arrived. I explained the situation to customer service, so she decided to accept my application if I could get another member to send them an email verifying me. Catch 22: there aren't any members in this neighborhood.
      March 10, 2017 11:10 PM MST

• I use Prime Now quite a lot on the weekends. It's not all that expensive and it gets here within 2 hours. 
      March 10, 2017 1:39 PM MST

• I have.   It's a lot cheaper if you buy that stuff in bulk on there.
      March 10, 2017 1:40 PM MST

Yes, we do.  I'm sort of home bound now and Amazon Prime (free shipping) is a great help since my wife does not drive, and depending on others is a ....WELL!

Just received a big box several hours ago. This post was edited by Beans/SilentGeneration at March 10, 2017 2:52 PM MST
      March 10, 2017 2:49 PM MST

Not yet, but I'm going to try it.  It's about an hour to anything like a supermarket.  I'll pay the shipping if I have to because I', sure it won't be as much as that much time and aggravation and gas!
      March 10, 2017 5:07 PM MST

• I don't buy things like that online, no. I buy things online when they are hard to find in stores or much more expensive in stores. Otherwise for groceries and toiletries and basic necessities that you can find at grocery stores, I won't be looking online.
      March 10, 2017 5:44 PM MST