Discussion » Questions » Paranormal » Is it possible for a dream to predict the future?

Is it possible for a dream to predict the future?

Have you ever experienced a predictive dream? 

Posted - March 10, 2017

Responses

I suppose it is more like a dream making guesses about the future same as we can do when we are awake.
    But mostly I would say that the guesses my dreams make are even less accurate that the guesses I consciously make make when I am awake ;-)). I have never had any of those "the answer came to me while sleeping" dreams that Readers Digest tells you to keep a notepad by the bedside to preserve when you wake up.
      March 10, 2017 3:06 PM MST

• That's an interesting idea, Jakob. I hadn't thought of it quite like that. Thanks for the answer.
      March 10, 2017 3:52 PM MST

I've had a few, quite a few actually, predictive dreams.  My guess is that they are 'gut hunches' from your unconscious,
      March 10, 2017 5:11 PM MST

• I've only ever had one. It was about 65 years ago and related to my job. As is normal, there were two anomalies in it that couldn't possibly have happened, and when they did all the hairs stood up on the back of my neck. Definitely wyrd. Hasn't happened since.
      March 10, 2017 5:16 PM MST

I think I'm jealous, Didge.  My dreams never show me a good time and happy people.  I wind up the next morning with an awful sense of dread. I know just what you mean about the lil hairs....
      March 10, 2017 6:08 PM MST

• Don't be. I rarely remember a dream and when I do it's usually an unpleasant one. That was an outstanding exception. 
      March 10, 2017 9:24 PM MST

Be serious!
      March 10, 2017 11:58 PM MST

• Jewels, being serious is as natural for me as a dog standing on its hind legs.
      March 11, 2017 2:34 PM MST

Uh, ... Ok. I'll get back to you when I think of a smartass reply.
      March 11, 2017 4:07 PM MST