Active Now

Danilo_G
Element 99
my2cents
Discussion » Questions » Food and Drink » I made a quiche this evening.. what was the last thing you cooked or had cooked for you? And do real men eat quiche?

I made a quiche this evening.. what was the last thing you cooked or had cooked for you? And do real men eat quiche?

My son complained.. I don't think he likes quiche.. lol. My daughter had something cooked separately for her.. lol why do I bother?  

Posted - March 10, 2017

Responses

• Soup from some left over roasted chicken carcasses I saved in the freezer.  It was very good.

About quiche?   I'd eat it if it was there but I would never ask for it or go out of my way to have it.
      March 10, 2017 3:05 PM MST

• You quiche un-appreciator you.. just like my son.. SO perhaps there is some truth to this saying then ..but it's not that men won't eat it.. just that real men don't LIKE quiche :P Funny thing is.. son lived with his girlfriend while he was away at uni... and he MADE quiche, following my recipe.. because SHE loved it :P  
      March 10, 2017 3:26 PM MST

• It's okay, just not something I would get excited about .   Just not my favorite way to have eggs. It's just  a glorified omelette to me.  To be perfectly honest I'm not a big fan of quiche, fritattas, scrambled eggs, or omelettes.  Rather eggs be over-easy, poached, or soft-boiled.

Scrambled eggs in any form are still pretty good,  just not nearly as good as when the yolk is runny.
      March 10, 2017 3:37 PM MST

I last had a rainbow trout lunch but a Bacon and Cheese Quiche, YUMMY! This post was edited by Beans/SilentGeneration at March 10, 2017 6:49 PM MST
      March 10, 2017 3:14 PM MST

• Yay.. that's one fan of Quiche then :)  I put lovely bacon in it.. italian smoked bacon pieces.. I thought it was delicious! Son's just an ingrate!
      March 10, 2017 3:27 PM MST

LoL..well that means more for another since he passed on it.
      March 10, 2017 3:46 PM MST

• I just crumbed some pork schnitzels for today's lunch. (My daughter is visiting.) 
    I occasionally cook a quiche and, yes, I enjoy them. So does Mrs Didge.
      March 10, 2017 4:00 PM MST

• A man and woman of good taste and distinction there :) The Quiche I mean.. cos I have less than no idea what a pork schnitzel even is :P
      March 10, 2017 4:07 PM MST

• It's the Australian equivalent of eggs and chips.
      March 10, 2017 4:12 PM MST

My hubs is a quiche eater...he really enjoys them.  If it resembles a pie in any way, he's game!
      March 10, 2017 4:48 PM MST

• I don't care for quiche :)

Last thing I made was a dish called "Bell Pepper Stew". It's made with beef, beef stock, three bell peppers, tomato sauce, Italian parsley, garlic, thyme, and red wine. It's quite good.
      March 10, 2017 5:11 PM MST

• Not much if a quiche eater....or eggs for that matter. Last thing I made was actually lentil soup. Cooking is something I enjoy.
      March 10, 2017 5:28 PM MST

I fried a couple of steaks and roasted some potato wedges about an hour ago.
      March 10, 2017 5:30 PM MST

• Sorry but I don't care for it either. I like most of what's in it but no thanks. I'll pass this time. Thanks anyway.
      March 10, 2017 5:32 PM MST

• I've never had a quichè .... But I'm a picky eater .... I've never had a pork chop either which I've heard is very common. The thought of eating a pig or cow makes me gag. But that has nothing to do with a quichè. what the hellz was my point? I don't know:/ anyway last meal I made was hourish ago .. and was slice cucumbers but in container with balsamic vinegar and salt pepper ...... Shake .. then eat . I'm kinda a chef then. 
      March 10, 2017 6:19 PM MST

• Hi DDBTD...
    I don't usually cook, I basically open cans combine them and heat in hopefully tasty conglomerates...
    However a few days ago, Jewels Vern posted the recipe for his oatmeal-ginger pancakes, and I have been eating them ever since o they are very good, easy/quick too, and you can keep the batter in the fridge for several days.
    So...does that count as the last thing I cooked?

Oh and I DO love quiche...used to get it at the Colophon Cafe in the basement of Village Books in Fairhaven, Washington. 
      March 10, 2017 6:59 PM MST

• Tonight I had homemade shashuka.  It was wonderful!
      March 10, 2017 7:15 PM MST

I like quiche and the last thing I cooked was stuffed bell peppers last night.  My wife and daughter loved them.  What does that make me?
      March 10, 2017 7:32 PM MST