Active Now

Danilo_G
Malizz
Shuhak
Randy D
Discussion » Questions » Death and Dying » Are you old when you think music that is "old" to Millenials is still "new"?

Are you old when you think music that is "old" to Millenials is still "new"?

I really like that new band that has been around for 20 years.

Posted - March 11, 2017

Responses

You are old when bands you dig like "New Order" and "Erasure" are considered classics. Ancient if they include "Psychedelic Furs" and "Missing Persons". This post was edited by O-uknow at March 14, 2017 10:47 PM MDT
      March 11, 2017 6:59 AM MST

So, I guess if I think the Glen Miller Orchestra is the bees knees, I must not exist anymore and it's just the dust bunnies lying around that have risen up and answering questions here.  Great.  I don't have to pay any more of those pesky bills that keep coming.  What a relief. 

March 11, 2017 7:15 AM MST

nope , just means you havent heard them yet. when i was in high school a kid told me he like that new song on the radio...he didnt know who sang it but it was called " my babys gone with the wind" so i said a few lines to make sure we were talking about the same song...it was lynyrd skynyrd...and i told him most of the band was dead in a plane crash years ago..but if he liked "tuesdays gone" he might like some or alot of their other stuff.

This post was edited by maggie at March 15, 2017 6:06 AM MDT
      March 11, 2017 7:41 PM MST

Hi Mr. Bromide~ I have to smile because my husband's younger brother who was 27 at the time, came up to us and said, "Do you know that new band 'The Greatful Dead'?"  This was 5 years ago.  We just smiled at each other and said, "Ya!  I think we have a few albums.  Would you like to listen to them with us sometime?"  We then corrected ourselves and said, "Oh wait!  You wouldn't have any albums.  The next time we get together we can listen to them on one of your DVDs!"
    No.  It doesn't mean you or your record collection is old.  It means they think they are finding the music we liked years ago for the first time.  Hopefully they will go back further and find what music used to sound like and make sure it doesn't die.  

March 14, 2017 10:58 PM MDT