Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Relationships » Have you ever met someone (friend or romantic interest) where you immediately felt like you'd known them forever?

Have you ever met someone (friend or romantic interest) where you immediately felt like you'd known them forever?

The kind of thing where you click on every possible level and are in sync right away. How often does this happen with you?

Posted - March 11, 2017

Responses

It does seem that way in my situation, but as usual, I get all excited and have to stop myself from rushing things. If someone gets you all excited in your pants and mind, they are a keeper.
      March 11, 2017 12:07 PM MST

That is cute. Inspiring, too. :)
      March 11, 2017 12:26 PM MST

With friends, it has happened a few times.  Romantically, only once.
      March 11, 2017 12:08 PM MST

You know the type not the person.
      March 11, 2017 12:15 PM MST

That's not quite what I'm referring to. I recently made a friend based on a single common interest, and then in talking, realized we shared the same histories, aspirations, goals, personality, and even have the same thought processes. Within a day or so, we were finishing the thoughts of the other person. It goes way beyond knowing the type. 

I found it odd because that's never happened to me before. Sure, I meet all kinds of people and make friends. There are lots of connections- maybe we have a similar hobby, our kids are the same age, or we have the same history. Eventually, we may bond and fall into similar patterns, but it's odd to have it start in that pattern, as if you've known them for an extended period of time right away.
      March 11, 2017 12:32 PM MST

Isn't it amazing to find that in another person?  When that first happened to me my whole attitude shifted.  Initially it's confusing and you question yourself but in the end, it made my heart sing, if that makes any sense to you.  It gave me a sense of optimism and happiness I hadn't experienced before. 
      March 11, 2017 12:51 PM MST

That makes perfect sense to me. Word for word. 
      March 11, 2017 1:28 PM MST

• On  occasion. 
      March 11, 2017 12:17 PM MST

• Yes I have, or rather I knew there was something more, maybe in other universes where we might have already spun together, I just didn't know they were there.
      March 11, 2017 12:56 PM MST

Does it happen often?
      March 11, 2017 1:29 PM MST

• No, not like that. But sometimes I meet people I feel I can be me with in ways I can't be with a lot of other people, without explanation. 
    The spinning doesn't happen very often and that's what makes those ones so special. The ladt time was about 2 years ago.
      March 12, 2017 5:24 AM MDT

Yes I have!  I felt that way with a few of the friends I have made and most definitely with my husband.  It's literally like a joyful reunion with someone you once knew.
      March 11, 2017 2:02 PM MST

It certainly leaves room for something like this to happen again, but never, ever in the same way. I don't want to duplicate what I think you felt at that time. All I ever wanted is for you and me to have something that hardly anyone else can hope to have in their lifetime. True unhindered love. That is what I'm aiming for. Won't you join me?
      March 11, 2017 4:09 PM MST

I hear that you are fun to have around. That is a good enough reason to check you out in many different ways. I can use this time to understand you and your outlook on life. We may even be able to have some fun along the way, but you're all about that to begin with.
      March 11, 2017 4:33 PM MST

• Yes. Wasn't looking for it, but when I met this person, it's like my whole life just fell into place. I've known him before....in previous lives, he is truly my soul mate.
      March 11, 2017 3:00 PM MST

Yeah, I have a few times. Its wonderful. Made my heart and soul weep with relief, as if I'd been searching for it forever. Initially when first meeting we would stay awake and together for days. Laughing, crying, trying to make up for lost time. A very beautiful thing. 
    Because of those experiences I walk around more open. Never know who I might find or what I might learn. 
      March 11, 2017 3:40 PM MST

It happened once about 53 years ago.  I still can't get over it.
      March 11, 2017 7:35 PM MST

that never seems to happen to me, i havent been that lucky
      March 14, 2017 4:59 PM MDT

• Yes!!
    Some people are so good at getting on my nerves, and do it so easily, that I could swear they must know me from before.
      March 19, 2017 11:28 PM MDT

• At least your consistent. )
      March 19, 2017 11:57 PM MDT

• Do you not think that this feeling the question talks about, happens at the beginning of every infatuation? Don't we always feel like that when we first meet someone we like?
      March 20, 2017 12:30 AM MDT

Happened only once and stays that way and to top it, it was arranged;))
      March 20, 2017 12:10 AM MDT