Active Now

Thebigd
Danilo_G
Malizz
ENG / LLVF - formerly of AB
Discussion » Questions » Jobs » Are you ready to destroy the machines?

Are you ready to destroy the machines?

Posted - March 11, 2017

Responses

Sure. What is SkyNet's address?
      March 11, 2017 4:23 PM MST

• Let's do  it.   Let's light this candle.

March 11, 2017 4:55 PM MST

I shall destroy the machines ----------------------- especially the one that looks like Arnold Schwartzenegger! 
      March 11, 2017 7:02 PM MST

• Dear Mr. Bromide,

You maybe intended this as a fun Q, more on the light side…and here I am about to go all serious and political on you…

…because I do love the Luddites, and they were (sniff) misunderstood…they were not against machinery and progress at all, their concern was that the oppressive policies used to implement the Industrial Revolution were destroying the artisan working class into abject poverty.

So the Luddites were asking for machines that produced high quality goods, in industries that paid a living wage. There was bloodshed, soon squashed by government troops, as well as capital punishment (or deportation to Australia) for damaging any machines.

The Luddites were something of a precursor to labor unions.

So, their movement which began 1811 was brutally suppressed by 1816, and today the Luddites are discredited even while we STILL reprise those same issues…

Lord Byron (the poet) defended the Luddites, to his credit, here is what he spoke to the House of Lords, denouncing this ruthless repression of working classes:
    “I have been in some of the most oppressed provinces of Turkey; but never, under the most despotic of infidel governments, did I behold such squalid wretchedness as I have seen since my return, in the very heart of a Christian country.”

This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at March 12, 2017 5:07 AM MDT
      March 11, 2017 9:36 PM MST

No, I would like to smash every iPhone.
      March 12, 2017 5:08 AM MDT

• Um...somehow I am thinking there may be a story there...
      March 12, 2017 5:40 AM MDT

• Mr Bromide actually has a really creepy hatred for Millenials.
      March 12, 2017 11:09 PM MDT

• But isn't that tank thing you roll around in a machine? Your cephalopodic form isn't well adapted to movement on land.
      March 12, 2017 3:14 AM MDT

which ones?
      March 12, 2017 5:58 PM MDT