Active Now

Danilo_G
Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Paranormal » Are any prophesies or predictions actually accurate when properly analysed?

Are any prophesies or predictions actually accurate when properly analysed?

Do you believe in the predictions of Nostradamus, or Jeane Dixon? Have any ever been shown to have a grain of accuracy?

Posted - March 12, 2017

Responses

• I've read a couple of books with different versions of Nostradamus and his predictions are fairly accurate for his time. Some are pretty darn close to things that have happened and are going to happen. Reading his 12 predictions for 2017 can be kind of alarming depending on how you interpret them. Haven't read much about Jeane Dixon.

Here's what Nostradamus predicted about 2017 | indy100

March 12, 2017 7:51 AM MDT

• Hi Plingsby,
    I don't keep track of prophecy from folks like Nostradamus or Jeanne Dixon, however I do think 'seeing' outside of time does happen...

Black Elk, the Sioux medicine keeper (1863-1950) in his twelve-day vision, as recorded by John Niehardt, saw some future events quite clearly...the persecution of his people, for example...he was able to orient his life's work from that.

Particle physics is now saying time is an illusion, so while I am not going to 'follow' any prophet, I do enjoy exploring all the contingencies!

***Late edit: Dear Plingsby, have you ever heard of an Australian anthropologist by the name of Raymond Arthur Dart? He was known to have a very special love for cats? This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at March 12, 2017 8:53 PM MDT
      March 12, 2017 2:07 PM MDT

Indeed, I know much about Raymond Dart, the Australian/South African Paleo-anthropologist, starting when my father pointed out the "Taung child" in the Natural History Museum, pointed out the label and said "Raymond Dart, that looks like you!". I was not aware of his liking for filthy, flea-ridden, bird killing, garden-despoiling vermin. 

(OK, OK I may have gone a tiny bit over the top there about the disgusting things.)

Forgive me muggers... :)

This post was edited by Plingsby at March 13, 2017 6:16 AM MDT
      March 12, 2017 2:26 PM MDT

• You're forgiven, Plingsby. Virginia is a very provocative lady. She's American. Explains so much. :(
      March 12, 2017 8:55 PM MDT

• No.   Nostradamas's  quatrian " predicitons"   are so loose and vague that they can be applied to anything and seem real.   He never made one concrete prediction with any specifications.

It's so bogus when people say he was right about something.   On it's surface it seems pretty good but when you objectively think about it and analyze it, they are all garbage and coincidental at the very best.

He wasn't making predictions,  he was commenting on his own time and world.
      March 12, 2017 2:24 PM MDT

• What if he really was a vampire?
      March 12, 2017 2:36 PM MDT

• Then he would still be making his quatrains.
      March 12, 2017 2:41 PM MDT

• I've always thought that analysing logically and objectively something called a "prediction" should have raised some flags. Like spending that kind of effort studying unicorns.
    Somebody should have said, "these are predictions were talking about here right?"
    I think.

March 12, 2017 4:31 PM MDT

• ha!! lololol
      March 12, 2017 4:36 PM MDT

• )
      March 12, 2017 4:38 PM MDT

• Nah, man.
    All of that is nonsense.
      March 12, 2017 4:26 PM MDT

some might be
      March 12, 2017 5:35 PM MDT

I'm not sure what exactly you mean by "properly analyzed", but I don't lend much credence to such broad predictions.  I have experienced some personal happenings that were foreknown and so do not completely discount such things, however.
      March 12, 2017 5:45 PM MDT

There are several places in the Old Testament where the Jews are prophesied to return to Israel.
      March 12, 2017 7:59 PM MDT

• In Australia prophecy is a government-sponsored profession. Today they predicted thunderstorms and they haven't even got that right. 
      March 12, 2017 8:56 PM MDT

Nostradamus was a false prophet, Jeanne Dixon famous astrologer, also a fake. (Deuteronomy 18:10-12)
      April 18, 2017 11:32 PM MDT

• Nostradamus was badly wrong when he made specific predictions. He did a horoscope for a man that predicted when he would die, and it was over 20 years off. he predicted that thee world would have few people alive by the 18th Century. that was obviously wrong. he is most noted for "Centuries" that is a collection of vague verses of 4 lines apiece. They are in a mixture of French and Latin. They are so vague that they can mean anything and thus actually mean nothing. Later frauds mistranslate them and apply them after an event. Real prophecy is supposed to predict future events, not those that already occurred. Two of his quatrains mention "Hister", and some frauds claim the predicts Hitler. Actually, Ister or Hister is an ancient name for the Danube River. One verse says, "Rhine et Hister", and that is obviously two German rivers. Some frauds claim he predicted the great Fire of London 111 years before it occurred. He was actually commenting about Catholics burning Protestants in England in his time. If you speak French, you can see that this verse is mistranslated by frauds. Some frauds claim he predicted the death of a French king, but the verse doe not actually say that. And so it goes with Nostradmus and Jean Dixon. Both are frauds.
      June 19, 2017 9:46 AM MDT