Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Politics » If you really, really HATED Spiders, and Trump REMOVED the REGULATION that prevents you from using DDT, would you start using it?

If you really, really HATED Spiders, and Trump REMOVED the REGULATION that prevents you from using DDT, would you start using it?

Posted - March 12, 2017

Responses

• It's an interesting question.. I have a bit of a spider phobia, don't really like any creepy crawlies or flying things in my house... and I've declared war on false black widow spiders in my house... 

And yet, no I wouldn't even consider using DDT or really any fumigation.. I am a bit of a softie environmentalist, conservationist.. and I value pretty much all creatures, even if I don't like them I respect their right to be on the earth and do their thing...so I'd worry that in killing spiders I would kill other things too.. like silver fish.. ancient creature them...

To make this Trump related - lol I'd use DDT on him.. I am happy to make exceptions now and then :P
      March 12, 2017 11:04 AM MDT

Nope. The stuff kills birds.
      March 12, 2017 11:25 AM MDT

Like daydream, I would use DDT on Trump.
      March 12, 2017 11:43 AM MDT

• No... just keep using the cricket bat for the big ones
      March 12, 2017 12:50 PM MDT

• LOL I bet you have to be fast with that cricket bat!
      March 12, 2017 1:13 PM MDT

• Generally not fast enough lol
      March 12, 2017 2:11 PM MDT

They make this bug vacuum that suctions the insects up so you don't have to use any sprays or other harmful things.  you can then empty it outside or down the toilet - whatever your moral compass dictates.

https://www.walmart.com/search/?query=bug vacuum
    X
      March 12, 2017 3:49 PM MDT

DDT, when used sparingly, is effective and NOT harmful.  How many millions in Africa have died because of mosquitoes which COULD have been killed through the use of DDT?
      March 12, 2017 2:22 PM MDT

probably
      March 12, 2017 4:45 PM MDT

I really really hate spiders but there's no way that I would use that stuff its horrible for the food chain. I control spiders in my home by placing raw chestnuts along the base boards been using that method for years and it seems to work well. Cheers!
      March 12, 2017 11:44 AM MDT