Active Now

Element 99
Malizz
Shuhak
Discussion » Questions » Environment » If we could only work together/compromise weatherwise we might improve things. Are you up for it?

If we could only work together/compromise weatherwise we might improve things. Are you up for it?

"Heavy snow likely in DC area Monday night/paralyzing blizzard from New York to Boston"! That's terrible! Sounds dangerous. Now in Hemet, California tomorrow the high will be 90! I'm not joking. How about we apply our heat to your blizzard and turn it into rain? How hard could it be?

Posted - March 12, 2017

Responses

Please feel free to send THE HEAT our way! I'm in New York,and the prospect of shoveling EIGHTEEN inches of snow is less jolly!
    We can send some of our EXCESS frigidity as a natural air conditioner!
    Thanks Rosie,the news is hyping  up the fear factor on the "KILLER STORM from HELL",best laugh I had all day
      March 12, 2017 2:04 PM MDT

You know bookerdana if we can send people to outer space and bring them back home safely why can't we do something about weather extremes? I know you're on the east coast and I'm on the west coast but we've been suffering through a drought for years in California and you guys have had more than your share of harmful "weather". Rain would be less dangerous for you and a miracle for us. Now the logistics of how we could effect it would be something for weather folks/scientists to figure out. Rain. Wondrous rain. Awesome rain!  I was pregnant with my son when we lived in Massachusetts. He was born during a n'oreaster! We were 5 miles from the hospital and we left our apartment at 2pm and arrived at the hospital at 4:30pm! To say it was "exciting" is an understatement! Anyway we the people come up with the ideas. We're the Architects. It's up to the construction experts to build what we design/create. Thank you for your  EXCELLENT reply and Happy Wednesday m'dear!  :)
      March 13, 2017 3:45 AM MDT

• Funny old thing the weather... I kinda think that the weather's one of those things we can't control :P

Seriously tho a friend in Ohio posted snow pics...so yes something very odd going on...

And.. just to sneak in a Trump comment.. see this is why we need a Prez who will not stick his head in the sand, (polite version there!) about climate change :P
      March 12, 2017 3:49 PM MDT

I'm not as delicate, polite or refined as you are sweetie. You mean "his head up his a**" don't you? AARRGGHH! He chose as head of the EPA a guy who doesn't believe in climate change. All regs will be rescinded thereby allowing manufacturing plants to dump crappy poisons into landfills, waters, anywheres. Who the he** cares? We will be poisoned and die off so there will be fewer of us But by god there'll be lots of profits to be made because no one will have any restrictions whatsoever about anything. Oh frabjous day! :( Thank you for your reply DdbTD and Happy Wednesday. I'm not a scientist  but it seems to me that sending humans to space to live and retrieving them in one piece would be infinitely trickier than doing something about weather extremes. Don'tcha think?
      March 13, 2017 3:51 AM MDT

sure, i dont like bad weather either
      March 12, 2017 4:18 PM MDT

We sure could use the rain in California and the folks on the east coast wouldn't be as threatened by rain as they are by blizzards. It's just a thought! Thank you for your reply pearl and Happy Wednesday!:)
      March 13, 2017 3:52 AM MDT

• Heavy snow id a good reason to stay inside with coco and a good book.
      March 12, 2017 5:34 PM MDT

True m'dear but it doesn't solve the problem. Blizzards can be deadly. Why is it we can achieve so many unbelievable things (sending people to outer space to live for a year and then bringing them back home intact) but there is not a dam* thing we can do about weather extremes? I know they're not the same thing but so what? It was just a thought anyway. Such ideas come to me when my mind wanders hither and yon. Thank you for your reply whistle and Happy Wednesday. Which book would you choose and do you like marshmallows in your cocoa? :) This post was edited by RosieG at March 13, 2017 4:10 AM MDT
      March 13, 2017 3:55 AM MDT

• Weather control technology would quickly become a means of exploitation and a weapon of horrifying consequence. 

Marshmallows, no.  Books, usually something light of part of a day and something serious later. 
      March 13, 2017 8:25 AM MDT

Really? You think so whistle? Dammit! Weapon and horrifying consequence is not my cuppa tea! :( I'm not a marshmallow person either. Whipping cream is more my cuppa cocoa! Thanks for the info! :)
      March 13, 2017 8:32 AM MDT

• Yes, sadly a weapons.  Imagine the capability of sending one's enemy unending rain or relentless drought.
      March 13, 2017 8:33 AM MDT

I didn't think of that whistle. Can anything be turned into a weapon if one has a mind to do so? Thank you for your reply! :)
      March 14, 2017 4:33 AM MDT