Discussion » Questions » Family » Parents. Do you regret having entered family life?

Parents. Do you regret having entered family life?

Posted - March 12, 2017

Responses

• It's not an easy path that's for sure... I see people who don't have kids who look WAY younger, less hassled and have a LOT more money than me.. their time is their own..they can please themselves... if I had my time again I would choose not to have kids.. BUT that said, I love mine to bits, all the blood sweat and tears they continue to cause me...is worth it... I'd die for them and I would kill to protect them.. they drive me mad and keep me sane....
      March 12, 2017 4:43 PM MDT

• I'm not a parent.  But often when I see new parents I think, "I'd give anything to hold that baby."  But then I see parents with older kids and thank 100 different gods I don't have kids.
      March 12, 2017 5:30 PM MDT

I relate to everything you said here.  Couldn't have said it better in regards to my own thoughts.  
      March 12, 2017 7:08 PM MDT

im not a parent and i wish i couldve had some kids
      March 12, 2017 5:26 PM MDT

• No. Kids take a lot of commitment and a great deal of money. And, yes, they all grow up to be teenagers. But I wouldn't change anything.

Of course, it would have been nice if we'd found out what caused it before we had five of the little beggars.
      March 12, 2017 6:54 PM MDT

I don't regret it one bit.  There were a few difficult years with all three of them but when they mature, they become reasonable again - most of them.  We're still waiting for the oldest to come to his senses but that will happen eventually.  Then there are the grandchildren.  Our grandbaby girl learned to walk at our house this week while visiting from out-of-state.  I am personally taking credit for that by providing the environment conducive to learning.  Ha ha
      March 12, 2017 6:56 PM MDT

• Congrats!
    I bet you were happy!
      March 12, 2017 11:02 PM MDT

• That's a good question. 
    If I could do it again, I wouldn't have had any children. This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at March 12, 2017 11:18 PM MDT
      March 12, 2017 11:01 PM MDT