Active Now

Malizz
Randy D
Danilo_G
Discussion » Questions » Death and Dying » In your opinion, what is death?

In your opinion, what is death?

Is it the end, like a dreamless sleep? Is it some kind of transition? Does it threaten either penalty or paradise?

Posted - March 13, 2017

Responses

Let me get this straight. You are suggesting there is some significant condition or activity or something in your computer after you unplug it, or in your car after you run out of gas. Is that what you are suggesting?

In a human that would be after you stop breathing. If there is any truth to that, it would make sense for everybody to stop eating and breathing and just live free.

I don't see that this philosophy makes any sense. Not even a little bit. Perhaps you could explain more fully.
      March 13, 2017 5:35 PM MDT

• What would you like explained, Jewels? I asked for opinions about death. If your opinion is that it is like an unplugged computer or a car with no gas, that's your answer. Mission accomplished! 
      March 13, 2017 6:26 PM MDT

Didge, that is the same response I always get. People post some sort of nonsense, and when I ask them to explain, they act like it's my fault for asking.
      March 15, 2017 5:39 AM MDT

• Your fault? Never! Or, as Gilbert and Sullivan wrote, "Well, hardly ever."

If somebody replies to one of my topics I feel they are owed a response. Since I don't want to turn a casual discussion into a debate about religion or, in this case, survival, I tend to deflect replies that can lead to argument. Some of your responses feel confrontational, Jewels. There's nothing wrong with that, it's your style. I just step aside and let them slip by.

When I was on Ask I rarely asked a question at all. On Blurt-it I asked one a day. Here, I joined the Question Diversity group which obliges me to ask five questions a day. I try to choose topics that people will find interesting and only occasionally post questions for which I need an answer. The group is an attempt to counter the political hatred that floods the site at different times of the day.

I love to see you respond but don't expect me to enter into any deep philosophical or theological arguments. It ain't gonna happen.

March 15, 2017 11:53 AM MDT

"Some of your responses feel confrontational, Jewels."

Well, I can't help it if I'm always right!

Sometimes my opinions change, but I'm still right. This post was edited by Not Sure at March 15, 2017 10:36 PM MDT
      March 15, 2017 10:29 PM MDT

• I was hoping you'd respond. I'll try to keep it in mind. :)
      March 15, 2017 10:37 PM MDT

No health insurance.
      March 13, 2017 6:27 PM MDT

So it's just like Trumpcare?
      March 15, 2017 5:15 AM MDT

I wrote a blog about my life after death experience and it's right here on Answer Mug.
      March 13, 2017 10:21 PM MDT

• Thanks, Ishmael. It was well worth reading and I'd recommend it to anybody else who is interested in the subject. 

And, when you think about it, that should be everybody. :)
      March 15, 2017 11:55 AM MDT