Active Now

Danilo_G
Malizz
Shuhak
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » When will the massive jobs for repairing our infrastructure be available? It's been almost 2 months! What's the holdup? Who's the BAD GUY?

When will the massive jobs for repairing our infrastructure be available? It's been almost 2 months! What's the holdup? Who's the BAD GUY?

Posted - March 14, 2017

Responses

• There is a saying that goes "You can't fix things over night." The same applies to national policies. Two months is hardly enough time for any major changes to take affect. Although, there is already improvement on the horizon. A job report that was released not to long ago states that 230,000 jobs have already been added to our economy, the unemployment rate has dropped ever so slightly, and average salaries have risen ever so slightly. This isn't alot but it does speak of improvement and moving forward. Also, look what has been happening ever since Trump took office and even before he took office. Companies like GM, Ford, Lincoln, Carrier, Verizon, Amazon, and others have kept jobs inside the United States. I was reading that even Apple wants to relocate one of their plants in China over to the United States. Companies like Ford and Lincoln are planning to invest several million dollars on US locations like Detroit to rebuild their plants and build new manufacturing centers and other like Amazon wish to expand on their companies. All of this is improvement.

Secondly, the Democrats still haven't stopped crying and haven't left their pity party from losing the White House as well as the House and Senate. They need to get off their asses, stop whining, and start working with the Republicans and Trump to create policies that will benefit everyone.

Thirdly, the Republicans need to stop this dance they are doing by fighting with each other. This new healthcare law is a prime example. Instead of creating a policy that every Republican could agree on and then bring it before the people, they decide to launch an unfinshed policy and fight it out in front of the media. They need to get their act together and actually work together to bring about a new healthcare policy that includes compromises and issues from across the floor; not this "Binary Choice" crap. I'm talking to you Paul Ryan.

If these people could shut up and work together, things would get solved a hell of a lot quicker. This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at March 15, 2017 8:46 AM MDT
      March 14, 2017 4:13 PM MDT

Thank you for your reply CTG and Happy Wednesday to thee.  So it doesn't bother you at all that a Russian-loving psychopathical LIAR is in the White House? You don't call him out for anything but you insult Dems? Nice going there pal.  Very nice.
      March 15, 2017 5:43 AM MDT

• Actually, if you read my answer you would see that I also insulted the Republicans and my rant on the Republicans was much longer. Your question had absolutely nothing to do with Russia so why would I even mention it? Also, no one has provided a shred of evidence that Russia interfered with the election or met with the Trump campaign about the election. If there was evidence, why hasn't it been released?
    The best part is that the spokesperson for Vladamire Putin came out with a statement that they, in fact, met with several individuals assosiated with the Clinton campaign. Why doesn't the media harp on that? They are so wrought with anger that the Russians met with Jeff Sessions, which wasn't about the election, but they don't harp on the Clinton campaign for doing the exact same thing. Where is the outrage, the investigations, and the anger toward the Clinton campaign? It's a double standard; hypocrisy. Did I spell that right? I think I spelled that right. This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at March 15, 2017 3:27 PM MDT
      March 15, 2017 11:45 AM MDT

• Very, very well said and I think you are dead on with the health care thing as well.  Get the discussion going and get it right, not just put one out. 
      March 15, 2017 8:42 AM MDT

Hello Corey:

Firstly, a bill CAN be proposed and passed in a couple days..  But, it has to be PROPOSED first, and Trump has been busy.

Secondly, the Democrats have NO power, so it matters NOT if they snivel and whine.  Republicans control ALL of it, and can pass ANYTHING they want..

Third, even WITH all that power, the Republicans can't get out of their own way..

excon
      March 15, 2017 9:03 AM MDT

Not in the Senate. The Senate is not Filibuster proof.
      March 15, 2017 10:00 AM MDT

• A bill may be drafted and passed within a couple of days, but that doesn't guarantee that the effects of the bill will be seen immediately.
      March 15, 2017 11:47 AM MDT

Congress has to do their job and fund the projects. President Trump has done his part. 
    Dems in Senate need to quit stalling on Trump appointments and get to work. 
      March 15, 2017 6:31 AM MDT