Discussion » Questions » Computers and the Internet » What do you do with your computer?

What do you do with your computer?

Yeah, yeah, I know. You spend all your free time on aM answering interesting questions. But when you're not HERE what do you do with your computer? 

Posted - March 14, 2017

Responses

• My Acer is a gaming laptop. It's hardware is powerful enough to handle most RPG style games. I usually use my mobile device for Answermug. Otherwise, you'll find me using my laptop for either DayZ or the Elder Scrolls Online!                                 
      March 14, 2017 3:46 PM MDT

• Thanks, Corey. I've occasionally used my phone for this kind of site but much prefer a keyboard.
      March 14, 2017 3:58 PM MDT

• Wouldn't you like to know :P

But apart from that.. I do my assignments, I write zillions of emails to my daughter's school and they write even more zillions to me that I read....I look now and then at facebook, I reply to messages from friends on yahoo, skype etc. and I research stuff.. I listen to music, I read books, and I listen to audio books.

In between that I pop here :)
      March 14, 2017 4:15 PM MDT

• Sounds as though it keeps you pretty busy. I've tried reading books on the laptop but I have some eye trouble and find they work better on an eReader or even on my phone. Audio books definitely go better on the phone so I can listen as I'm doing other things.

Have you run across Susan Erickson reading audio books? She doesn't just read them, she performs them. It's hard to believe that one woman could create so many voices.
      March 14, 2017 6:01 PM MDT

Watch youtube, other Q&A sites, browse news sites... truthfully, my online activity is just as boring as my real life activities lol.. im a boring person with no hobbies and interests.
      March 14, 2017 4:29 PM MDT

• I haven't tried any other Q&A sites (apart from Ask, which closed and Blurtit, which might as well). This one feels pretty good to me. Apart from that you and I seem to do similar things on line. 

But boring? Nah, not you Skunky. :)
      March 14, 2017 6:03 PM MDT

I don't have a computer. Just an iPhone. Have to pay lots of taxes, so I will be poor for a while. 
      March 14, 2017 4:32 PM MDT

• Sorry about the taxes. Clearly you find your iPhone is enough for sites like this. Does it cause you any problems? 
      March 14, 2017 6:04 PM MDT

• I PLEAD THE FIFTH
      March 14, 2017 4:49 PM MDT

HA HA HA!
      March 14, 2017 4:58 PM MDT

• Sounds wise, GJ. 
      March 14, 2017 6:05 PM MDT

• Can I refer you back to Goat Jumper's answer, WW. You and he may share a common interest. Well, kindred if not common. :)
      March 14, 2017 6:06 PM MDT

•   March 14, 2017 8:29 PM MDT

• I use it to listen to music, to read online articles, to edit photos, to type up my novels, to work on my constructed language, etc. 
      March 14, 2017 5:54 PM MDT

• You're certainly getting your money's worth. It's a lot easier to write on a computer than by hand. Back in the day that cut-and-paste was a real drag.
      March 14, 2017 6:07 PM MDT

• Novels? What do you write about, Nevan?
      March 16, 2017 7:59 AM MDT

• I'd say most of what I've written falls under the "psychological thriller" category. The novel that I've finished is of the mystery/thriller type about two teenagers who go missing in a small town. 
      March 16, 2017 9:11 AM MDT

I hang out at several Q&A sites where the teenyboppers bitch whine because they don't like my answers, and I have a couple of the fondest games I'm of. This post was edited by Not Sure at March 16, 2017 12:18 AM MDT
      March 14, 2017 6:16 PM MDT

• I'll be interested to see how that 'b' word goes. I used it last week in exactly the same context, and was advised that it had been deleted because "swearing is not permitted on this site". 

Bit teenyboppers enjoying their ah, whining. It's what they do best.
      March 14, 2017 6:32 PM MDT

Corrected.
      March 15, 2017 5:42 AM MDT

• I couldn't the objection (it didn't come from JA). The word is in common usage and has no derogatory meaning that I know. 
      March 15, 2017 11:37 AM MDT

It is a constant reminder of failure.
      March 14, 2017 6:17 PM MDT

• Truly? That's awful. 
      March 14, 2017 6:33 PM MDT

One of the other things I do is search home exchange websites for interesting travel opportunities.  This July and August we are going to Stockholm, Oslo and Copenhagen all on home exchanges.  It takes a lot of searching and communicating with prospective partners to coordinate a trip like that.
      March 14, 2017 8:52 PM MDT