Active Now

CosmicWunderkind
Danilo_G
Randy D
Discussion » Questions » Computers and the Internet » What do you do with your computer?

What do you do with your computer?

Yeah, yeah, I know. You spend all your free time on aM answering interesting questions. But when you're not HERE what do you do with your computer? 

Posted - March 14, 2017

Responses

• What a great idea. Fascinating use of the Internet. Economical and adventurous. 
      March 15, 2017 3:48 AM MDT

I use Wikipedia's "Answers" site but not so often now that its managers saw fit to interrupt every thread with repetitions of a long block of irritating advertisements aimed at dog-owners, irrespective of the thread's category and subject. I have complained to them, at the same time asking why, but like many large organisations they find the Internet a useful way to avoid needing the courage or courtesy to reply.

Other than that my PC is a tool to further my hobbies and their accompanying social life - today for example I read an e-post circular from the Chairman of one of my clubs, and used "Excel" to analyse a technical problem in a home workshop matter. 

(I'm not sure if the latter would be possible with the latest editions of 'Excel'. I may be wrong but have the impression MS has reduced 'Excel' to a palimpsest of what it was in XP days - though even at its best it still had weaknesses Gates' mob were too idle or complacent to correct!)
      March 16, 2017 7:07 PM MDT