Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Trump voters elected Trump because they wanted HIM!. They don't care that he lies about everything or if he breaks all his promises. Why?

Trump voters elected Trump because they wanted HIM!. They don't care that he lies about everything or if he breaks all his promises. Why?

Posted - March 15, 2017

Responses

Because he tells them what they want to hear.
      March 15, 2017 1:45 PM MDT

Oh vey Jane! That's all it takes then? He doesn't have to perform? He just has to tell them he will and they're good with that? Oy vey! :( Thank you for your reply and the video and Happy Thursday. Wonder what today will bring?
      March 16, 2017 4:26 AM MDT

maybe they dont think hes lying
      March 15, 2017 1:59 PM MDT

There are two kinds of Trump voters.

One is the ill-educated, low income class - both men and women, white - who see the world passing them by and look for a reason this is happening. They find scapegoats in immigrants and in other non-main stream groups. They look to a past when things were better and when they were content in whatever small bubble they inhabited. These were and are basic decent people. Trump, being an expert cold reader and con man, plays these poor people to the hilt and gives them false promises that they are desperate to believe and their need lets them ignore his lies. Trump knows this perfectly well.

The other group consists of ideological conservatives. They see Trump as a chance to roll back legislation they don't like and which they see as detrimental to their ideology. So they put up with Trump and all his lies for what they perceive as a greater good. They are far more dangerous than the preceding group.

Their ideology is philosophically based in the Calvinistic (badly understood) idea of being chosen by God. God shows his favor by granting wealth and success to his adherents. The poor are poor through their own fault because they are lazy and not willing to work hard. This is why these groups tend to be against welfare and help of any sort to the less fortunate. The poor CHOOSE to be poor, they believe. 

Even a cursory reading of the Gospels will dispel this notion. But they key on hell and damnation. They are a miserly lot, willing only to let a few crumbs from their overflowing tables to trickle down among the poor. 

March 15, 2017 4:21 PM MDT

The second group you describe are evil, greedy,selfish, arrogant,self-centered, uncaring, coldhearted. The first group you call basic decent people. I disagree with thee. Anyone who needs a scapegoat to vilify to feel better about himself/herself is not basically decent at all. There is no decency in wanting to wall off the country to keep out immigrants. There is no decency in wanting to ban Muslims from our country. There is no decency in stealing $880 BILLION from the poor via Medicaid cuts and giving it to the wealthy in the form of tax cuts. The former group may not be intellectually evil because they aren't smart enough or rich enough but they are not basic decent people. Basic decent people  believe in helping those who need help. Thank you for your reply Louie. We disagree on 50% of your reply. Not so awful, right? Happy Thursday m'dear! :)
      March 16, 2017 4:35 AM MDT

That way leads nowhere. Those issues are not issues for them. They are not fully culpable. They are simply being led. We'll have to disagree.

Are you a Quaker? I ask because of your use of "thee".

This post was edited by Louie at March 16, 2017 8:54 AM MDT
      March 16, 2017 8:41 AM MDT

Again it is not about personality....It about policy's. 
    Lower taxes
    Secure border
    Prolife
    Pro 2nd amendment
    Better Trade deals
    Etc
      March 15, 2017 4:31 PM MDT

Thank you for your reply m2c and Happy Thursday to thee.
      March 16, 2017 4:54 AM MDT

• I didn't vote for Donald Trump because he's Donald Trump. In fact, my first two choices were Dr. Ben Carson and Ted Cruz. Ted Cruz was only in the list after Carson dropped out because he wasn't Donald Trump. I supported Donald Trump because he won the nomination fair and square. Take that Bernie! I voted for Donald Trump because of the ideals he stood on. Lowering taxes, repealing Obamacare, securing our border, energy independence, lowering corporate taxes, building our military, etc. It has nothing to do with Donald Trump and everything to do with policy.

Although, I will say that I love how Donald Trump handles himself by ignoring the politically correct bs that's been shoved down our throats for the last eight years.
      March 15, 2017 7:37 PM MDT

Of course you do Corey. You don't mind that he is a compulsive pathological liar, involved with a foreign country that he puts before his own country, hires people from the very companies he lambasted during his campaign, breaks his promises, hides his financial affiliations. You care not about any of that. You like that he breaks all the rules and sticks it to everyone including you. But you don't even mind that.  As I said. You love the guy. That's that. There is no accounting for taste. Thank you for your reply and Happy Thursday.
      March 16, 2017 4:56 AM MDT

• Again, I ask you to provide the proof that President Donald Trump is illegally involved with the Russians and how he loves Russia more than America. There isn't any proof.

How has he broken his promises? Is it because he didn't withdraw from TTP? No wait, he did that. Is is because he's not moving forward with becoming energy independence? No, he did that too with getting the Keystone Pipeline and the Dakota Access Pipeline moving again. Is it because he hasn't instituted a temporary travel ban like he said he would? No, he's done that too. It's Congress that isn't allowing that to move forward. Is it because he hasn't brought jobs back to America like he said he would? No, wait. A job report released not to long ago stated 230,000 jobs have been added to our economy. Is it because he hasn't instituted a federal hiring freeze? No, he did that too with the exception of the military. He's also put into place his promise that for every new federal regulation that gets passed, two must be eliminated. I fail to see how he has broken his promises. In the time since his inauguration, he has accomplished quite a lot. A report released illegally showed that Donald Trump actually paid far more taxes that Obama and Saunders so he's paying his dues within the guidelines of the law based on those forms. So far, in the short time that he has been in office, he has kept several of his promises. It's unrealistic to expect him to fulfill every promise he has made in the short time he has been president. Once his four-year term is up, then we can discuss any broken promises.
      March 16, 2017 6:33 AM MDT

Why? Because there is no option for "NONE OF THE ABOVE". The only way to reject Çlinton was to elect Trump.

Çlinton - politician with questionable character
      March 15, 2017 11:51 PM MDT

Thank you for your reply JV. So far as good for thee then vis a vis The Donald? This post was edited by RosieG at March 16, 2017 4:57 AM MDT
      March 16, 2017 4:57 AM MDT

Rosie, the federal government has shut down EIGHTEEN TIMES since 1976, for periods up to THREE WEEKS and nobody noticed. That pretty much demonstrates that it is irrelevant in the lives of almost all citizens. The difference between T and Ç for president is the people who do the whining.
      March 16, 2017 1:45 PM MDT