Active Now

Chief Ten Beers
Discussion » Questions » Human Behavior » Do you listen to that small wise voice or ignore it?

Do you listen to that small wise voice or ignore it?

When that voice tells you, "Don't pull of that chapped skin on your lip!"  or "That fish might be spoiled!"  Do you heed?

Posted - March 15, 2017

Responses

That dumb voice is mentally disabled.
      March 15, 2017 2:13 PM MDT

• Mine, which is often ignored, is often right.  I had gotten out some salmon from the frige. In was questionable but I decided if I rinsed it it would be ok.  It was not.  I should have heeded.
      March 15, 2017 2:15 PM MDT

LOL Zach!  :-)
      March 15, 2017 5:23 PM MDT

• She used to be 5'2" but she's shortened a bit with age. So, yeah, it's a small voice and if I don't listen to it I'm gonna be in deep doo-doo.
      March 15, 2017 3:05 PM MDT

Yes you'd better listen. Those little voices can be fierce.
      March 15, 2017 4:00 PM MDT

Sure, I listen and consider, before ignoring it.
      March 15, 2017 3:14 PM MDT

I used to ignore that little voice however I learned my lesson (painfully). When that little voice speaks I listen carefully. 
      March 15, 2017 4:01 PM MDT

• Well see... there's lots of theories and counselling models that train us NOT to listen to that voice..because the voice, which was originally built for survival can become overly negative and fearful.. so in other words it can imagine danger where there is none, or imagine it unrealistically and make us believe that something is more of a danger than it is..

We allegedly have at least two voices; the one that deals with survival and flight or fight.. and the one that reassures us and tells us to try it..  personally I like the try it voice. I like the voice that tells me..feel the fear but do it anyway
      March 15, 2017 4:35 PM MDT

i sometimes listen to it especially if its reminding me of something i forgot
      March 16, 2017 5:59 PM MDT

Listen. Unless Im having a physic breakdown and am hearing voices that are after me, then I will not listen. ;+ 
      May 25, 2017 5:32 PM MDT