Discussion » Questions » Legal » Do you know any dumb criminal stories?

Do you know any dumb criminal stories?

Australian police are currently looking for a notorious criminal on charges of assault and, I think attempted murder. He has a record. His description on TV last night said that he had his name tattooed on his neck and a teardrop tattooed beneath his eye. It's hard to imagine a career criminal voluntarily identifying himself in such a manner.

Posted - March 15, 2017

Responses

I object your Honor. That witness cannot possibly have seen my face, because I was wearing a ski mask the whole time.
      March 15, 2017 3:29 PM MDT

• That's one lad who should have had a lawyer. :)
      March 15, 2017 3:32 PM MDT

Have you considered a willfully false description of himself ? Now a lot of people will look for a highly visible teardrop under his eye, and leave him alone if it is not there ;-))
      March 15, 2017 3:34 PM MDT

• Maybe he could put a band aid on it. :(
      March 15, 2017 3:59 PM MDT

• One criminal robbed a bank of all it's cash then actually sat on the curb next to the bank to count the cash. Needless to say, the police arrived and arrested him. Lol!
      March 15, 2017 3:42 PM MDT

• That rates pretty high on the dumb scale, Corey.
      March 15, 2017 3:59 PM MDT

(its cash)
      March 15, 2017 7:37 PM MDT

• What about the two Aussie guys who were caught a few years back in the states... They worked at a ski resort... They were the only Aussies there, then robbed the local bank wearing masks ... Everyone recognised their accent! Got to be a winner lol
      March 15, 2017 4:15 PM MDT

• I remember that. There was a case in south-western Sydney when a couple have crims tried to steal the engine of an old truck that had been left parked in the street. Somehow one of them contrived to be crushed, either under the engine or under the truck itself, and was left dead on the site as his mate drove off. The truck owner said, "It was in the street waiting to be towed to a wrecker's yard. If they'd asked me, I'd have given them the truck." 
      March 15, 2017 5:00 PM MDT

• They're not the sharpest tools in the shed generally
      March 15, 2017 5:12 PM MDT

March 15, 2017 4:42 PM MDT

LOL!  I remember that episode!  :-)
      March 15, 2017 5:11 PM MDT

• Definitely dumb! :)
      March 15, 2017 5:21 PM MDT

I know a young man how, while at a friend's house, ordered a pizza.  When the delivery arrived, he grabbed the pizza out of the driver's hands and ran out the back door.  You heard me, he was at a friend's house.  Do you think the police were able to find out who the thief was?
      March 15, 2017 6:05 PM MDT

• Ah! But was the pizza good?

• His IQ must have been at room temperature. :(
      March 15, 2017 8:30 PM MDT

• Yes.  Some years ago here during Xmas a thief ran up and stole the collection bucket from the Salvation Army bell ringer.  He darted out into the street and was hit by a car.  Let it be a lesson.

• Absolutely beautiful. An act of God. :)
      March 15, 2017 8:31 PM MDT

• Hi Dozy,
    Just a while back when I was learning about Dunning-Kruger effect (I think Ozgirl may have mentioned it on aMug?), one article told about the bank robber who painted his face with lemon juice...for invisible ink, he thought the security cameras could not 'see' him!
      March 15, 2017 7:33 PM MDT

• I remember your Dunning Kruger answer. It's such a shame that didn'td work for him. Maybe next time he'll use a mask. :)
      March 15, 2017 8:33 PM MDT

One such case just occurred here in Southern California over the past few days: four people were robbed at gunpoint in a parking lot by a single gunman, who tried to flee running to a waiting car containing at least two accomplices. One of the victims was in a car also, and seeing an opportunity, drove directly toward the robber, hitting him with the car. The impact caused the robber to either squeeze the trigger of his weapon or drop the weapon on the ground and it discharged a round, but either way it happened, the round struck the robber in his face. Falling to the ground before getting to the getaway car, his companions first tried to assist him, but presumably due to the sound of police sirens on rapidly closing approach, abandoned him, made a right hasty retreat in their vehicle. The robber, bleeding profusely, was ripe for the picking of the responding gendarmes, and even though he did not die (yet), he soon found himself in hospital, in critical condition, and under arrest.

Chalk this one up to "armed robbers' guns don't shoot armed robbers, armed robbers shoot armed robbers".

~

March 15, 2017 7:35 PM MDT

• It couldn't have happened to a nicer man. I'm sure the NRA will appreciate your acknowledgement of their mantra. 
      March 15, 2017 8:41 PM MDT

• I appreciated that too, Randy D...the NRA stuff...laughed and laughed!
      March 15, 2017 8:47 PM MDT

I hear those stories every day.  You just can't make it up.
      March 15, 2017 9:10 PM MDT