Active Now

Malizz
Shuhak
Randy D
Discussion » Questions » Legal » Do you know any dumb criminal stories?

Do you know any dumb criminal stories?

Australian police are currently looking for a notorious criminal on charges of assault and, I think attempted murder. He has a record. His description on TV last night said that he had his name tattooed on his neck and a teardrop tattooed beneath his eye. It's hard to imagine a career criminal voluntarily identifying himself in such a manner.

Posted - March 15, 2017

Responses

• If a writer used some of this stuff and called it fiction I think many of his readers would think, "Get real!"
      March 16, 2017 1:46 PM MDT

This is more of a Karma thing. A few years ago in Virginia, USA, two armed men accosted two guards who were unloading an armored truck at a local bank. They took the guards weapons and handcuffed the guards in the armored truck. They were seen running across the street and into a multi level parking garage. Once in the garage they ran to a parked "U-Haul" rental van. They opened the rear doors (it was all unlocked) and thew in all the weapons (theirs and the guards) and the cash bags (estimated to be 2 million dollars) and their masks. The police arrived in short order. Based on the descriptions of their colorful "T" shirts provided by the guards the suspects were apprehended less than two blocks away. Once taken in to the police station they confessed and explained their partner was to pick up the van that evening and meet them at a motel to split the take.  The police rushed back to the parking garage and watched the van on the second level for hours. Finally another suspect arrived on foot and approached the van. He opened the rear looked inside then dropped to the ground and looked under the van. When the police approached he raised his hands and said "OK you got the money and now you got me". Back at the station the story was ironed out. The original two men threw the bags and other items in a van on the first level. It was the wrong van. Back then there was no CCTV and all rental vans in the area were accounted for. Poof no money. But the three received long prison sentences. Bank robbery here is a federal offense. 
      March 16, 2017 5:36 AM MDT

• Great story, Ancient. It's hard to imagine anybody being so stupid but the prisons are full of idiots. There have to be some smart criminals out there but, boy, are there some idiots!
      March 16, 2017 1:49 PM MDT

not any that i remember but ive probably heard some
      March 16, 2017 5:57 PM MDT