Active Now

CosmicWunderkind
Discussion » Questions » answerMug Members » Who do you remember from another site who is not a Mugger?

Who do you remember from another site who is not a Mugger?

Any type of site, not necessarily Q&A. And since we won't know who you're talking about there's little point in naming them. But who do you recall? Why? What was it about them that made them memorable?

Posted - March 15, 2017

Responses

a few... when Sodahead closed down  :'( 
      March 15, 2017 4:24 PM MDT

• They didn't give you much opportunity to stay in touch with each other. That was unnecessary.
      March 15, 2017 4:45 PM MDT

they just closed without warning, about a month before ask.com closed.. i know that Ask,com gave its members warning but Feffer from sodahead gave us 0.. a lot of former sodaheaders are still bitter about it, when you go to sodahead's ugly fraternal twin- site called Amirite... i see posts about all the time (its been 2 years now) This post was edited by Skunky Stinkerson at March 15, 2017 8:50 PM MDT
      March 15, 2017 4:50 PM MDT

• I've never been tempted to visit Amirite. Never heard a good word about it. 
      March 15, 2017 4:53 PM MDT

I tried it as soon as Sodahead closed down and quickly left.  I saw way too much personal drama.  There were a lot of old grudges people were still embroiled in.  It is probably a calmer place now, but I like it here.  I think there is a great mix of humor with the politics and more serious topics.  I like the variety of people here too, all seemingly coming from many different sites.  Amirite is almost all former Sodaheads.
      March 15, 2017 5:46 PM MDT

• What surprised me about aM was the age of the average user. There are almost no teen questions about school, dating, crushes and pregnancy but we seem to have all the other age groups covered. Nor do I think I'm the oldest person on site which is a bonus for me. Mind yoiu, I'm close. It's hard keeping up with all you kids. 

"kids" slang. noun. Anybody under 60. 
      March 15, 2017 5:56 PM MDT

• They would tell you that if it happen to the Terminator it could happen to anybody. No matter what that guy tells you, you have to make sure yourself. 
      March 15, 2017 6:20 PM MDT

We are really a melting pot here and I never feel like I am talking to anyone too young or too old.  It never ceases to amaze me how people of all walks of life can find so many things to share with each other.  
      March 15, 2017 6:21 PM MDT

March 15, 2017 6:35 PM MDT

I spend as much time at Amirite as here. It seems to be a bunch of young people (anything under 40) trying hard to be nice to each other. It is the only place where the mother superior has told me I should give upvotes to people who comment on threads I started. (You may have noticed that I was not previously into that habit.) If they have any relation to Sodaheads, they don't talk about it.
      March 15, 2017 11:18 PM MDT

There will be two handfuls of formerly friends. A few I'm still in contact with. It will be various reasons, from love to best friends online. There will be lot of history behind them and their relationship to me.
      March 15, 2017 4:30 PM MDT

• I find that it's easier to retain contact while we're bumping into each other on line rather than establishing email links. I keep forgetting to write and, to be honest, there's so little happening in my life that I don't have much to write about. 
      March 15, 2017 4:49 PM MDT

It is harder by email than staying part of same community. Some will know they aren't great at keeping contact this way and let you know. Lost some Greta friends that way. Others suddenly drop out after longer time because they feel we had nothing to share any longer not being part of same community. It's been hurtful on one occasion. Finally the love relations. Hmm. Contact ended out of variousness reasons too. One turned into a harassing stalker for a period.
      March 15, 2017 4:57 PM MDT

• Now THAT is very unpleasant.
      March 15, 2017 5:01 PM MDT

Mhmm.
      March 16, 2017 12:01 AM MDT

• Sounds like a good friend. I've had contacts like that through my chess site. One guy sometimes aid things that made me fear for him, too.
      March 15, 2017 4:48 PM MDT

Nerd Thigh Guy from the EP!

I also remember Time Machine Guy from EP who only asked questions about traveling back to the 70s just to have sex with Agnatha Fältskog and Anni-Frid Lyngstad.  I'm not quite sure why he needed to travel back in time for that.  All he needs to do is hit them up on Facebook but I have a feeling they're just not interested.
      March 15, 2017 4:34 PM MDT

• I have a feeling you're right, Livvie. Still a boy needs his dreams and his hobbies. :)
      March 15, 2017 4:51 PM MDT

I'm a Sodahead alumni, although a few of us met up before that site.

I'm lucky that my closest from there are with me here.  I do miss a few people that I don't see here.  

Remy and Tibby, where the heck are you????

This post was edited by PeaPod is just popping by at March 15, 2017 8:50 PM MDT
      March 15, 2017 5:00 PM MDT

• We lost a lot of our Askers, too, and quite a few of our Blurters.
      March 15, 2017 5:24 PM MDT

Jaimie perhaps. I can't remember anyone else other than her. I'm thinking that I must have forgotten about everyone else.
      March 15, 2017 5:13 PM MDT

• Easy to do after a while. 
      March 15, 2017 5:24 PM MDT

• I remember a few from Ask.com and quite a few from blurtit. The best ones I know have come here and stayed here! Plus all the new people I've talked to here. Quite content with that. The rest? Oh well, to each their own.
      March 15, 2017 5:31 PM MDT

• I was surprised at those who came here, tried it out, then went back to Blurtit. There's nothing there any more but, for some, it probably still feels like home. 
      March 15, 2017 5:57 PM MDT