Discussion » Questions » Education » Most useless high school or college courses?

Most useless high school or college courses?

Posted - March 15, 2017

Responses

im pretty sure all of them are useless. the only useful ones are Lunch periods. This post was edited by Skunky Stinkerson at March 16, 2017 6:56 AM MDT
      March 15, 2017 9:02 PM MDT

• When I was at PSU c. 1981 it was required to take PE. PE! In college! God's wounds!  Then I had to take an art history class where I learned valuable information such as being able to identify three types of architectural columns.  And Aesthetics?!  What a hill of feces. 
      March 15, 2017 9:12 PM MDT

• Skunky I am thinking of you...seeing you giving me stars, too...
    Those transitions you are in, are they going okay? Are they finished yet?
      March 15, 2017 9:41 PM MDT

• Peer counseling; we learned just how to be "good people" easy credit.
      March 15, 2017 9:49 PM MDT

• Well, Whistle6...
    (Sigh) I recall finishing the long struggle through college, took me eight years something like that...and thinking the most valuable information from college is that college is useless.

Actually, that was not quite true but I think the benefit came from a few fine instructors that really knew how to think, and could infuse their sterling clarity into their classes.

So, one class very helpful to me? It was an elective, the poetry of John Milton; just recently, I learned that the instructor was persecuted during the McCarthy era for his liberal leanings. He freely admitted his own involvement with Communism, but refused to finger any colleagues. 
    A few professors so persecuted were fired and never worked again other than menial...but my teacher, Garland O. Ethel, survived apparently because he had deep tenure thus unimpeachable.

March 15, 2017 9:51 PM MDT

That would be the courses given to students who dont want to learn about that.
      March 16, 2017 1:24 AM MDT

gym
      March 16, 2017 5:38 PM MDT