Active Now

CosmicWunderkind
Spunky
ENG / LLVF - formerly of AB
Shuhak
Discussion » Questions » Outside the Mug » Is sometimes the best help you can give is an open mind?

Is sometimes the best help you can give is an open mind?

Not to say understanding is equivalent to endorsing.

Posted - March 15, 2017

Responses

• There is always situations where nothing can be said to soothe the situation so all one can do is wait and have a open mind.
      March 15, 2017 10:37 PM MDT

• What a lovely thought, O-uknow!
    Magnificent insight and I say yes, yes, ...and yes.
      March 15, 2017 10:48 PM MDT

• Brings to mind something that happened nearly 30 years ago. A young woman from the office wanted me to advise her whether to divorce her husband or to stay with him. (She was a party girl and his idea of a good night out was to stay home and read a book.) I refused to comment.

When it was all over she thanked me for not giving advice. She said everybody I asked told me what to do and I was so confused I couldn't make up my mind.

She since made a nice life for herself with somebody else.

So, to your "open mind" I'll just add, be willing to give support, no matter what the decision. It's the friendly thing to do.
      March 15, 2017 11:56 PM MDT

Yes, my mindset is to expect the unexpected.
      March 16, 2017 12:00 AM MDT

• Someone, somewhere must disagree with this - justifying intolerance , prejudice and closed-mindedness as being a good thing for the recipient of them - but they are wrong. See how I'm keeping an open mind on that one.
      March 16, 2017 12:47 AM MDT

I don't think an open mind is ever a bad thing, that's for sure.
      March 16, 2017 4:40 AM MDT

i think so
      March 16, 2017 5:25 PM MDT