Discussion » Questions » Military » Blame the victim. Not the perp. Typical. Why?

Blame the victim. Not the perp. Typical. Why?

"What did they expect when they let women join". This is per an Answermugger vis a vis the marines posting nude photos of females on Facebook and "sharing them". Well if men can't control themselves and have to have others control their environment for them to "behave" what does that say about men? Not very much that's positive or decent or honorable.

Posted - March 16, 2017

Responses

@"What did they expect when they let women join"

How is that blaming the victim? To me it looks more like blaming the unspecified "they".

March 16, 2017 4:34 AM MDT

Rather than put the blame where it belongs...on the perps....the offensive offending voyeurs "They" blame the fact that women were allowed to join. That is blaming the victim. If it weren't for the women being there and tempting them these  dirty old men would all have been good little boys. But you see they had no choice. I stick by my question JakobA. You can pretzelize it all you want. I stick by my question. Thank you for YOUR question. Did I answer it? Happy Thursday.
      March 16, 2017 5:00 AM MDT

(Marines)

Uppercase.
      March 16, 2017 6:39 AM MDT

sounds typical to me too
      March 16, 2017 4:54 PM MDT