Discussion » Questions » answerMug Members » Is there a story behind your username and, or profile picture?

Is there a story behind your username and, or profile picture?

Maybe there is a story, I'll never know if I never ask.

Posted - March 16, 2017

Responses

• But we make such cute gay babies together with my morphing gonad abilities.

March 16, 2017 11:34 AM MDT

• That reminds me, You have custody of little Ignacio this weekend.  He's not spitting his food out as much and the dribbling is almost gone

March 16, 2017 2:19 PM MDT

• Fine.  Just don't forget to pack the cattle prod this time. This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at March 17, 2017 11:42 AM MDT
      March 16, 2017 8:26 PM MDT

• Gotta pay that, er, Glis, However I now feel self-conscious about calling you by name. What's the formal title for a demigod? (Unlike the formal title for a demagogue which, at this time, is POTUS.)
      March 16, 2017 9:13 PM MDT

• Glis is acceptable.
      March 16, 2017 9:20 PM MDT

I like to keep things simple.  My name and avatar are of my current dog Harry.  Prior to adopting him last year, on a couple of previous sites I used the name and photo of my old dog Ruby, who has passed away.  I miss her.  

This post was edited by Harry at March 20, 2017 9:36 AM MDT
      March 16, 2017 10:07 AM MDT

• Awwwwwwwwww... Harry looks sweet and mischievous :)
      March 16, 2017 11:17 AM MDT

Harry or Ruby?  Ruby is the picture I posted here.  Harry is the avatar.  Ruby was the sweetest dog and in her younger days extremely mischievous.  I have never had a dog with a wicked sense of humor before.  Best dog I've ever had.  Once I trained her, she helped me with training fosters for rehoming.

The real Harry just a little freaking pain in the goat buttocks. Hahaha!
      March 16, 2017 11:22 AM MDT

• Oh...i'm sorry :( Ruby...but Harry is cute as hell, too!

I know about pains in the goat buttocks very well... I'll post a few pics of my little pains when I get back. Gotta go split some wood
      March 16, 2017 11:31 AM MDT

• When I was just a little boy, I asked my mother, what will I be.  "Will I be pretty? Will I be rich?"
    Here's what she said to me... "You're a goat, you fool.  That's all you'll ever be."

I embraced my divinity, sent from above, and joined in the revelry. 

When I grew up and fell in love, I asked my lover, "What will I be? Will I be lonesome day after day? 

Here's what he said to me... "You don't wash your pits enough, There is a stench that one can not stand. If you would bathe and wear some cologne, you might stand a chance."

Whooooooooooooooooooooa, the future's not ours to see
    WTF, WTF
      March 16, 2017 11:05 AM MDT

OMG!  That had me roaring! 
      March 16, 2017 11:15 AM MDT

• I'm ecstatic that I made your "spirit" soar

March 16, 2017 1:41 PM MDT

• Your mother wasn't named Doris Day by any chance, was she? Boy that took me back. :)
      March 16, 2017 9:16 PM MDT

My closest to me would often say, "we are like two peas in a pod".  It sort of stuck with me as I was creating my screen name.
      March 16, 2017 11:14 AM MDT

When I first got online about a thousand years ago I chose the name Wallstar. I pulled that out of the air. It seemed like something I had seen every day. That I wondered just where I had seen it, so I started watching for it. I finally found it at work in the men's room. The urinal had a green screen with the brand name Allstar in white letters, and the reflection of the overhead light made a white W in front, so it said WAllstar. I had named myself after a urinal screen!

Jewels Vern was the name of a board that I ran in the BBS days. I forget why I called it that. It was certainly a forgettable experience.

March 16, 2017 2:17 PM MDT

BTW if you google "wallstar" now, you only get water heater dealers.
      March 16, 2017 2:20 PM MDT

• Love it. :)
      March 16, 2017 9:18 PM MDT

• On my chess site somebody started a group for born again Christians. I asked if I could join and represent the opposition. When I was refused I added a couple of horns to my picture and changed the name of my chess blog to Dozy's Inferno. (Dozy is my user name on chess.com.) When I joined Ask.com I thought I should have a good side to go with my bad side and added the head with the halo.

There's a story behind Dozy but it's irrelevant. I switched to Didge because a character in my novel had a didgeridoo he could use to summon up the spirits of the land.
      March 16, 2017 2:53 PM MDT

its just my name and a real picture of me
      March 16, 2017 3:35 PM MDT

• My user name is just my name, and my photo is the gypsy flag.
      March 17, 2017 1:45 PM MDT

• I didn't know there was a Gypsy flag. That's interesting. Thanks.
      March 18, 2017 3:53 AM MDT

• Well the Romani's do, I don't know if travelers do. 
      March 18, 2017 7:26 PM MDT

• When I looked it up I saw that it was a Romany flag. Travellers are harder to pin down. I once met a Wendish gypsy and that's another world again. Interesting woman.
      March 18, 2017 8:03 PM MDT