Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » The UN Economic and Social Commission for Western Asia allege in a report that Israel is imposing APARTHEID on Palestians. No,Yes,Maybe?

The UN Economic and Social Commission for Western Asia allege in a report that Israel is imposing APARTHEID on Palestians. No,Yes,Maybe?

Posted - March 16, 2017

Responses

No. The UN is anti Israel. Have been for decades.

Under apartheid, every detail of life was subject to discrimination by law. Black South Africans did not have the vote. Skin color determined where you were born and lived, your job, your school, which bus, train, taxi and ambulance you used, which park bench, lavatory and beach, whom you could marry, and in which cemetery you were buried.
    The Arabs of Israel are full citizens. Crucially, they have the vote and Israeli Arab MPs sit in parliament. An Arab judge sits on the country’s highest court; an Arab is chief surgeon at a leading hospital; an Arab commands a brigade of the Israeli army; others head university departments. Arab and Jewish babies are born in the same delivery rooms, attended by the same doctors and nurses, and mothers recover in adjoining beds. Jews and Arabs travel on the same trains, taxis and – yes – buses. Universities, theatres, cinemas, beaches and restaurants are open to all.
      March 16, 2017 1:26 PM MDT

• Come on, you cannot possibly be serious.  In your effort, that I understand, to follow your religion and directives of Israel as the chosen people which (like I say I understand).
    But if that makes you truly believe that the Palestinians enjoy a life of cinemas and theaters, and freedom of movement and of employment and of medical services. 
    Im sure that you must know of the blockade of medical supplies going into Palestine.
    If you are honest and say, I think Israel should own the.whole of the land and the Palestinians should just go away. 
    I would respect that more than to pretend occupation and oppression are not happening. 
    Come on M
      March 17, 2017 1:44 AM MDT

I actually copy it from an article from a person who lived both Africa during the aparthied and also in Israel and those are his words explaining that it is not the same.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2015/may/22/israel-injustices-not-apartheid-state

I do believe Israel should have the entire land. That is what happens when there is war and one side wins and the other looses. The Arabs there do not have to leave but if they want to stay they must be peaceful. This post was edited by my2cents at March 17, 2017 2:05 PM MDT
      March 17, 2017 2:02 PM MDT

• I accept that.
    I think it is immensely wrong, but I respect it.  Honestly.
    But you must admit that that is a far cry from saying certain things are just not happening.
    I do appreciate you taking the time to respond. Ty.
      March 17, 2017 2:35 PM MDT

I have not been to either country. So I have to rely on  the information of others.
      March 17, 2017 3:28 PM MDT

• Well played.  )
      March 17, 2017 3:36 PM MDT

That is not the information I have read m2c. Quite the opposite. Palestinians are treated like second-class citizens and are blocked off from enjoying many of the "privileges" Israelis have. The picture you paint sounds lovely. The reality for Palestinians is anything but. Thank you for your reply and Happy Friday to thee.
      March 17, 2017 5:29 AM MDT

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2015/may/22/israel-injustices-not-apartheid-state
      March 17, 2017 2:03 PM MDT

• Of course, Rosie. 
    I think it is intellectually dishonest to argue otherwise.
      March 17, 2017 2:36 PM MDT

That's my take on it too Lago. Thank you for your reply and Happy Saturday! :)
      March 18, 2017 5:28 AM MDT

i dont know much about that
      March 16, 2017 2:45 PM MDT

(alleges)

March 16, 2017 6:13 PM MDT

It's a vicious circle. The Palestinians are not all angels either; they'd have to be to take all that Israel throws at them. 
      March 17, 2017 5:36 AM MDT

There are no heroes here. But Israel has the upper hand and the military might and treats the Palestinians with great disrespect as they treat Israel. They build ILLEGAL settlements on land that is not theirs because they can. Why would you respect  anyone who disrespects you? That makes no sense. And so it goes. No progress. Thank you for your reply Malizz! :)
      March 18, 2017 5:31 AM MDT