Active Now

Chief Ten Beers
Discussion » Questions » Death and Dying » Meals on Wheels isn't a priority. Dead, poor, old people are easier to move 'cause you can use a pitchfork. Smart cost saving measures?

Meals on Wheels isn't a priority. Dead, poor, old people are easier to move 'cause you can use a pitchfork. Smart cost saving measures?

Posted - March 16, 2017

Responses

• When I become too decrepit to feed myself I'll welcome your pitchfork, Mr Goat. Of course, not everybody feels that way so we'd better not try passing that particular legislation just yet. 

March 16, 2017 6:28 PM MDT

• After seeing the Meals On Wheels food tray my father in law was served I was very surprised at the very small amount of food in there.  For the amount of money he was paying he could easily have a TV dinner from the grocery store.  I realize it's not just the food it's that someone is checking on these people on a regular basis but a volunteer who would give the elderly a lift to the grocery store or do their shopping would be a good alternative.
      March 16, 2017 7:45 PM MDT

• Is that how you justify it?
      March 17, 2017 1:31 AM MDT

• I'm not sure you realize how nutritionally inadequate TV dinners are and that some people have dietary needs that cannot be met with one of those nasty things.

Also, forget about depending on volunteerism and charity. Why should people have to beg for assistance to help them survive?

March 17, 2017 8:54 AM MDT

Mr. Trump has made it abundantly clear that he feels only certain people are deserving of the "finer things in life". You know... food, medical care, a living wage, a home.

I think it's more the "poor" aspect that he finds offensive and not worth of consideration, rather than the fact that they're elderly. I mean, in a few years HE will be in their situation, but he's rich, so he'll still be deserving!

Someone should remind Trump what Ghandi said about the greatness of society being judged by how it treats its weakest members!
      March 16, 2017 9:10 PM MDT

• When did he say that?
      March 16, 2017 9:30 PM MDT

• He doesn't have to say it. And for anybody to justify, like you do, cutting something like meals on wheels! 
    That right there is perfect example that there's nothing that some people would accept as evidence of a choice wrongly made.
      March 17, 2017 1:34 AM MDT

He's said and done countless things that demonstrate this, including saying that poor people are morons, publically mocking a reporter with a disability. He's attacked Mexicans, Muslims and women.

I won't waste my time gathering links to direct quotes and video evidence, because Trump's followers always explain it away. I will say this, he isn't wrong about SOME poor people being not very bright. Many of the people who voted for him stand to lose benefits if his proposals are implemented. It's mind boggling, and seems the only explanation is lack of intelligence on their part.
      March 18, 2017 8:48 AM MDT

Hello Goat:

Look.. If you're a right winger, this is SIMPLE. There are MAKERS, and there are TAKERS.  If you CUT the lifeline for old people, they'll be FORCED to give up their TAKER ways and get a JOB..

excon
      March 17, 2017 9:18 AM MDT

i think they need to make some things a priority
      March 17, 2017 4:59 PM MDT