Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Questions » answerMug Members » Veterans of AnswerBag, was the politically-charged climate there less "exuberant" than it is here at AnswerMug?

Veterans of AnswerBag, was the politically-charged climate there less "exuberant" than it is here at AnswerMug?

I take into account that the recent US presidential campaign, election, inauguration and aftermath have greatly contributed to the current charged atmosphere, but even so, I don't remember things getting like they are now. (I was there from 2009.)

:|

Posted - March 16, 2017

Responses

• I'd like to see an end to the deluge of Trump questions. This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at March 16, 2017 9:22 PM MDT
      March 16, 2017 6:34 PM MDT

Hello Randy:

Oh, politics at Answerbag were much more robust than here..  Politics here is boring.. We had blaylock, hard core conservative, more2be, and lots of others..  And, those guys knew their stuff, too.. Here, we got...  we got...  nada..

excon
      March 16, 2017 6:42 PM MDT

I do miss those. Blaylock was here for a short time right after the Bag shut down. More2be was here too. And someone I can't remember the name but the Avatar was a Buddha, I think they said they were a professor.
    I do wish we had better political discussions. I could say we are a little more than nada....
      March 16, 2017 7:33 PM MDT

ImAlec was a constant contrarian but I do appreciate and sometimes miss the logic he brought to any discussion. His political bent was European style Liberalism making him antagonistic to American Conservative views, methink. This post was edited by O-uknow at March 17, 2017 1:55 PM MDT
      March 16, 2017 11:15 PM MDT

Yes I remember him as well.
      March 17, 2017 1:56 PM MDT

It's much worse here for political stuff because the old answerbag had a lot more variety of questions and categories. It wasn't "in your face", or "shoved down your throat" as it feels here. Also, AB's left - right ratio seemed like it was about 50-50, whereas here it seems predominantly liberal. That's why most of the political questions seem to be anti Trump. I live in a predominantly conservative area of Ohio, but when I get home from work and log in to Answermug, I feel like I'm in California. ;P
      March 16, 2017 7:30 PM MDT

i dont remember hearing much politics in answerbag either
      March 17, 2017 3:57 PM MDT