Active Now

Chief Ten Beers
Discussion » Questions » answerMug » Yay! Thank you JA! Did you all see it..?

Yay! Thank you JA! Did you all see it..?

Yasssss! We (all 18+ and member of the Adult Network here at aM) got an easier navigation to access Adult Mug (AM) and Free-For-All (FFA). We no longer have to fight our way through the my group navigation. We got a direct shortcut inside the main menus under the drop down 'questions' option.

Hopefully this will be for the benefit of all of us. Not only the members of these groups, but also members outside who does not appreciate too much use of sexual innuendoes. For the more new members of aM (aka those who have joined our community after we migrated to aM v.2.0 during October 2016, JA correct me if I recall the month wrongly), we previously had this feature on our old site, and it made AM and FFA two frequently used outlets for fun banters of such character.

AM and FFA was kind of a sub-community inside the main community. Lot of us, who used this sub-community prior have been missing the traffic we used having in these groups. My personal hope, and why talking to JA about this, is a hope to recreate such activities, and maybe less annoyance inside the main room for those who does not appreciate it as much. Hmm. This is becoming longer than originally planned for.

Below is a screenshot of where to find the quick accesses (look for the red circle). Please use the thread here if you have found troubles accessing the groups, or the Adult Network. One issue I am aware about will be you receiving lots of notifications from the groups each time something is being posted inside them. Goes for all groups we sign up to. This will not stop prior you made your first entry (post a discussion or make a comment for an existing discussion). I can't explain why, but this is an observation I have made.

What's left to say? Have fun and play it safe! Don't be shy and think Adult means lots of explicit pervy stuff. We are regular pervs. Lol. Please let them know, you the rest of regular other users of the groups. People tend to fantasize the most wild stuff which isn't the case. That will be about it.

So... did you see it? Will you be using it?

Posted - March 17, 2017

Responses

• Will this stop us from seeing posts of the groups we do not belong to?
      March 17, 2017 5:01 AM MDT

I never see any of those. 

March 17, 2017 5:21 AM MDT

This is only related to quick link for these two groups as they have been previously on the old site.

The other thing sounds like a glitch to me. Best you can do is screenshot and shoot a message to JA so it can get on list for dev (if not already there).

I know we got Awesome Lesbians closed down for public as soon as I became aware of the issue of our posts being exposed on the live feed of every member here. I can assure you we felt it as bad as any member might have felt it as we had been told it was private group and messages would only be featured among members of group.

My point is, if any groups are showing up where they shouldn't we should let JA know in order to have a quick fix first, and a solution when dev got time to look into it. I hope it's not any of the groups I am a member of. 
      March 17, 2017 5:58 AM MDT

Awesome Lesbians---that's such a positive title, I'm thinking about going transgender and changing my sexual orientation just so I can say I'm  member.

Seriously, I think that is great!!!
    This post was edited by tom jackson at March 18, 2017 3:14 AM MDT
      March 17, 2017 11:30 AM MDT

Haha. Why, thank you. Let me know how you progress in your sex change. ;-)
      March 17, 2017 11:35 AM MDT

• Thanks. If they can get it fixed to where I don't see posts from ALL the groups in the Adult Section, I'd gladly rejoin. :)
      March 17, 2017 4:26 PM MDT

Not sure that will be how it works. However I barely notice these stories on my news feed.
      March 17, 2017 4:39 PM MDT

I meant that I've never seen any question that was posted in a group to which I do not belong. I do understand that a lot of members see them frequently or all the time, but I never have. 

~
      March 17, 2017 8:07 PM MDT

Might be because you don't focus much on the news feed. Like said I barely see any myself. Then again I am not a heavy user of the news feeds on our homepage. I surf differently here. :-)
      March 18, 2017 5:59 AM MDT

(Oh, there's a news feed?)
    __
      March 18, 2017 7:12 AM MDT

On your landing page/homepage. Live update with posts/comments/uploads. Mhmm.
      March 18, 2017 7:15 AM MDT

I quit clicking onto the Home Page months ago; I found it too boring. I may or may not check it out again, ¿quién sabe?

~
      March 18, 2017 7:18 AM MDT

March 18, 2017 7:22 AM MDT

No. The only way I can see changing that for you is to have the activity feeds updated, so it's easier to piece together your own custom feed. I haven't even gotten an estimate from the dev on that- it's probably going to be an expensive project that won't happen anytime soon. I'll ask the dev to put together a proposal on that one, so we can at least have some idea of how reasonable of a project it is.
      March 17, 2017 10:41 AM MDT

• Thanks, That's the only reason I dropped out of the Adult Network. I just didn't like seeing posts from some of the fetish groups. If that could be fixed, I'd love to rejoin. 
      March 17, 2017 4:25 PM MDT

March 17, 2017 6:00 AM MDT

She is such a Princess. I also noticed the pages are longer and the questioner is identified so we know whom to ignore.
      March 17, 2017 10:27 AM MDT

Yus. those came some days back. This one was implemented yesterday, late my time. I hope I am right in my these and it will help us run those two groups up to previous level. There was such fun and joy inside these groups and the members back then. :-)
      March 17, 2017 10:36 AM MDT

See what? 

March 17, 2017 11:37 AM MDT

Aww. Almost had forgotten this side of you. Are you back for good?
      March 18, 2017 12:08 AM MDT

thats good, i never used the adult network here
      March 17, 2017 2:57 PM MDT

Just continue as always.
      March 18, 2017 12:10 AM MDT

umm SapphicHeart, if adult mug means talking about sex, or sex related subjects,well I don't have any desire. I will always meet you on AM here;))
      March 18, 2017 12:16 AM MDT

Darn. Can't blame a girl for trying, eh? Lol. Joke aside, my experience is people think worse about what's going on than what it is in reality. But sure, it's not for everyone, and that's also why I said it's good for all those who doesn't want to take part in these banters as we will take more stuff there than inside here at the main board. So less disturbance for the more conservative audience here. If only we could do the same with pol... oh well... never mind... ;-) Back on the old site, some of us would barely be at the main board and would even bring questions there that could have been taken here, simply because a more relaxed audience. That's why I described it as a sub-community. :-)
      March 18, 2017 5:36 AM MDT