Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Transportation » Can anyione tell me where I can get some cheap tires?

Can anyione tell me where I can get some cheap tires?

Posted - March 17, 2017

Responses

I went to a guy who knows a guy who knows a guy.  All of them work at Discount Tires.  It cost me $140 dollars for two tires for a cheap car.   Where is the humanity?
      March 17, 2017 5:46 PM MDT

• At the dump
      March 17, 2017 11:48 AM MDT

• I know. It's a stunning panoramic of geometric patterns and it's keeping erosion at bay

March 17, 2017 12:09 PM MDT

• Less interesting than that hack Christo and his big sheets.
      March 17, 2017 12:42 PM MDT

• An example of the crap a college "Art Appreciation" course tries to delude one in to accepting. 
      March 17, 2017 12:50 PM MDT

• There is a steel sculpture in front of the main library which has received much criticism, the sort you describe.  I have thought that the persons making funding decisions are trying to look sophisticated or elite.  But like the young lad and the emperor, the larger public sees crap as crap. 

Chief among such offenders is Pollock.  There was online, I believe one of the TED Talks, where the presenter, a college art instructor, photographed his painting smock.  He cropped a portion of it so it looked like a canvas.  This was shown to his class and greatly admired for its praiseworthy aesthetic merit.  Then the Moment of Revelation! Still even more excruciating is performance art which one can view on YT. 
      March 17, 2017 1:14 PM MDT

Try Sams Club or Costco. Or even Walmart.  I found tires at a great price during a sale at Tire Warehouse (aka Firestone).  Watch the sales brochures that come in the mail. 
      March 17, 2017 11:53 AM MDT

you could try amazon, they sell cheap stuff there
      March 17, 2017 12:38 PM MDT

• Cheap is probably a poor choice for buying tires.
      March 17, 2017 12:43 PM MDT

• Check tire change places. Call around.  You should be able to buy some good usable used tires that have plenty of tread on them.  If you don't drive long distances or alot and don't drive "hard".   They might be a viable option.
      March 17, 2017 1:16 PM MDT

I'm loyal to my local Firestone. If you want me to email you with which location I go to, I will, but I won't do it in the forum for the sake of identification. It's probably 30 minutes from you though.

I just went in for two new ones last week- I replaced the other two about a year ago. What I love about them is that they're very practical and don't try to push an upsell. I told them I couldn't do all four last time and that was that- they gave me the best deal they could for what I needed. This time around, they only had one of the tires I wanted in stock, so they gave me two of the next level up at the price of the less-expensive ones. I have a mini-van, so my tires are probably going to be more expensive than yours, but I paid $140 per tire before the $25 discount for them not having my tire in stock, and their rate was $5 less than Wal-Mart charges. The tires also came with a 70,000-mile warranty.

I also just got an email from them: Save $40 when you spend $200, or $10 when you spend $50 on products and services!

It's good through 3/19: http://www.firestonecompleteautocare.com/offers/offer-detail/fcac-bonussavingsday316
      March 17, 2017 1:22 PM MDT

That was very VERY amazing that you shared this.   I posted this question while driving on a steel belt popping out of my tire.  As you probably may remember, I am in school right now and money is kind of tight so I was looking for a good deal.  But I went to Discount Tires (I have been there many times) and I wound up paying about $140 for 2 tires.   I was hoping to get a couple of used ones for less, but that was the best I could do in an emergency. 

Thank YOU, JA for a great suggestion, now that I can get a JOB again, I will consider this info of yours next time. 

(thanks)
      March 17, 2017 5:49 PM MDT

It's just not a good move Sharonna
    Have bought cheap 30,000 mile tires a whole bunch of times.
    They wear out before that milage.
    ...Tires are important, they keep you 
    safe on the road.     
         Find a good deal on some good tires.
    I get mine at Big O tires
    like buy three and get the fourth for free.
    But good tires with at least 60,000 mile guarantee.
    ...Don't know who you have in your city, but PeP Boys
    sell cheap I think. Then you have the mounting
    and front end alignment (DO it)
    Take a third on your house for $ LOL
    But get good tires
    good live investment.
     and oh yeah...Happy ST Patricks Day... don't ya know!

March 17, 2017 5:54 PM MDT