Active Now

Danilo_G
Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Health and Wellness » Why is a truely comfortable bed pillow so difficult to find?

Why is a truely comfortable bed pillow so difficult to find?

Posted - March 17, 2017

Responses

By time it starts to become comfortable, it is already worn out.
      March 17, 2017 10:25 PM MDT

Hi whistle6 ~ It depends on what you like.  Maybe you might need one that is made just for you!  Some people like them big, some small, some hard, some down, some foam, etc.  It really depends on personal taste.
    I'm not sure where you live but out here there is this guy who comes on the TV at the oddest times, like 3 or 4 in the morning saying he has manufactured and made the perfect pillow.  The next time his advertisement runs, I'll try and remember to jot his number down.  He guarantees them for x amount of days.  I can't remember the ad that well, but I'll keep my eyes and ears open for ya!

This post was edited by Merlin at March 18, 2017 9:23 AM MDT
      March 17, 2017 11:32 PM MDT

My pillow.com . It is a $60 pillow. I have not tried it. But I wonder about it. I don't like a big fluffy pillow. They hurt my neck after a few nights. The my pillow looks like you can adjust the firmness. 
      March 18, 2017 7:49 AM MDT

• Research that one first...I've heard bad things about them. 
      March 18, 2017 8:05 AM MDT

• I don't know the details but yes, the is some trouble surrounding this product. 
      March 18, 2017 8:14 AM MDT

I don't have it in me to spend that much on a pillow.  Even with a 10 yr warranty.  Curious though, What have you heard that was bad? 
    The only thing I heard was that the gov forced them to stop running the BOGO offer...they had run it so long that it was not considered a sale.  There were 2 for $100 but not are like $60 each because the government stepped in.
      March 18, 2017 9:17 AM MDT

•   March 18, 2017 9:52 AM MDT

• I have one and I can honestly say it is the most comfortable pillow I ever had.  Thing about them is they get matted up and you have to fluff and tease them each night to get them back into shape or they feel lumpy and have hard spots.

beat them around and shake it up and it's like new again and very nice to sleep on.
      March 18, 2017 10:09 AM MDT

• I'm glad you had a good experience. I just don't think I could pay that much for a pillow if it came with an endorsement from Santa. :)
    I did notice that were a few good reviews though. 
      March 18, 2017 10:52 AM MDT

• Well to be honest.  I wouldn't either.  I happened to find it on a good deal for $20 and figured I would try it. The price is definitely exaggerated by the seller.

Serta makes a cloned one that is pretty decent I got for about $10.   It works pretty good but the broken foam insert is filled with very small scraps instead of big chunks.  So it gets wadded up much faster and it's sorta a PITA because you need to take the insert out of the cotton and poly liner to get it back into shape.   Nice when it's fluffed but terrible when it gets matted down and isn't reset.
      March 18, 2017 11:01 AM MDT

• reading the links it sounds like the product is fine.   It's trouble around the advertisements.  Which in all truth sounds like a lawyer firm easy money grab really.
      March 18, 2017 10:54 AM MDT

• For sixty dollars, this pillow better get up early and make me breakfast!
      March 18, 2017 10:21 AM MDT

Buy ones filled with down from the Eider duck .......there is nothing on this planet more comfy.....they are truly amazing as are duvets filled with down from them......they are both warm in winter and cool in summer.....A duvet for a normal 4'6" bed cost in access of £8000 .........A Queen or bigger, double that.....pillows ain't cheap either.....

March 18, 2017 2:37 AM MDT

• £8000????

Good lord that's an obscene amount of money!
      March 18, 2017 10:10 AM MDT

That's how much the cost in England about two years ago......most likely they are more expensive now......once you've tried one you wont want anything else.......our one must be twelve years old now and it for a bed two and a half meters wide.......the pillows are amazing to........your head just sinks into then as the feathers squish down....
      March 18, 2017 5:10 PM MDT

I found the perfect pillow and I haven't washed it in years. I don't want to risk ruining it. It probably reeks by now and I'm so used to it I can't even smell it, but I'm happy as long as the stench keeps everyone away from that pillow.
      March 18, 2017 6:08 AM MDT

Hi Patchouli~  With your given name and your suggestion/comment, you are hilarious!  Good for you!  For some reason,  I picture Linus and his blanket.  Patchouli and the pillow.  Don't worry.  No one will take it from you.  Sleeping is good. Stinky pillow or not.  It is all yours!  Sweet Dreams. This post was edited by Merlin at March 18, 2017 11:01 AM MDT
      March 18, 2017 7:04 AM MDT

probably cause they dont exist
      March 19, 2017 5:33 PM MDT