Active Now

Malizz
Shuhak
Discussion » Questions » Random Knowledge » In your opinion, what influences our creativity?

In your opinion, what influences our creativity?

We're all creative to some extent and that creativity ranges from telling teacher that "the dog ate my homework" to painting the ceiling of the Sistine Chapel.

To what extent do the people in our lives, our daily routines, our circumstances trigger or influence our creativity? Is it more creative to be surrounded by crowds or to live in solitude?

Posted - March 18, 2017

Responses

• For what I do and enjoy? History influences my creativity. I use my historical knowledge almost every day while working on Strategy PC games. Most are very realistic and not just some kiddie games. They are all adult games and knowledge of history helps me to get them correct.
      March 18, 2017 6:22 AM MDT

• I don't either but what can we do?
      March 18, 2017 7:33 AM MDT

• And so they will!
      March 18, 2017 7:39 AM MDT

• I can imagine how important that is, Rooster. Thanks.
      March 18, 2017 1:53 PM MDT

• Detailed and interesting. Thanks, WW. 

Rudyard Kipling once said that if he didn't use purple ink to write on green paper his daemon (note the diphthong) wouldn't talk to him. But in contrast to your experience, I heard an interview with a composer (pop music and musical theatre) who became very successful and moved from his rooms in a crowded, noisy, trendy inner suburb to a luxury waterfront home on Sydney's northern beaches ... and his muse left him. It was too quiet. Sometimes you just can't get it right. 

Enjoyed your answer.
      March 18, 2017 1:59 PM MDT

Just for fun:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C64QXzgraGU
      March 18, 2017 7:22 AM MDT

• That's certainly in keeping with the St Patrick's Day theme of my other questions. :)
      March 18, 2017 2:04 PM MDT

1. Other people
    2. Life experiences
    3. Our mood

March 18, 2017 7:34 AM MDT

• All good points. Thanks, Zack.
      March 18, 2017 2:05 PM MDT

You're welcome.
      March 18, 2017 2:10 PM MDT

Any extraordinary circumstances can inspire creativity in the mind. 
    Eg. Pain, sickness,  failure -negative things. 
    Belief in God,  Satan and supernatural elements. 
    Dreams 
    Staring into the night sky and seeing picture patterns in the stars
    Hiking in the wilderness 
      March 18, 2017 7:52 AM MDT

• Right on all counts, Kittigate. And that answer speaks volumes for your own imagination as well as your ability to understand it. 
      March 18, 2017 2:06 PM MDT