Active Now

Spunky
Malizz
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » How many "Meals on Wheels" would ONE of Trump's weekly Mar a Lago trips provide? $3 million could go a long way to help old folks. Right?

How many "Meals on Wheels" would ONE of Trump's weekly Mar a Lago trips provide? $3 million could go a long way to help old folks. Right?

Posted - March 18, 2017

Responses

So how much do you donate to Meals on Wheels?  They would not give the money to MoW anyway. And as I have explained the $3mil is based on a comparison of a trip Obama took and it is not an apples to apples comparison.
      March 18, 2017 7:02 AM MDT

Hey, I agree with you on this! However, it probably costs the same amount  every day to protect a President regardless of where he is. 
      March 18, 2017 7:16 AM MDT

That $3 million isn't only for protection. It's for airfare and all the expenses attendant thereto when anyone goes on a trip anywhere bh. We protect Melania and Barron in Trump Tower WHILE we are protecting Trump in D.C. or Mar a Lago or wherever the heck he is. This weekend Melania and Barron joined him at Mar a Lago so we have the pleasure of paying for all of them. Then we pay for her and Barron to go back to Trump Tower the Trump to go back to D.C. If he continues to do this weekly after 4 years  it will be very expensive. Thank you for your reply!  :)
      March 19, 2017 6:24 AM MDT

Chump would sacrifice us all to make a few million dollars which is happening right now.
      March 18, 2017 7:19 AM MDT

Of course. He sacrificed many of his voters' financially and healthcarewise with his Budget and the Trumpcare drastic reduction/capping of Medicaid. He screwed them and I guess they still love him. Go figger! Thank you for your reply Zack and Happy Sunday! :)
      March 19, 2017 6:26 AM MDT

FDR was famous for time spent at his home in Hyde Park, N.Y. They actually printed U.S. postage stamps featuring it! There were no 'Meals on Wheels' in those days.
      March 18, 2017 7:34 AM MDT

What does that have to do with my question bh? Did it cost $3 million every weekend? Was his wife/kids living elsewhere or did they join him so that the protecting of the first was not doubled or tripled because they were in different locations? Thank you for your reply! :)
      March 19, 2017 6:28 AM MDT

He is saying FDR also travelled alot to one particular place. Also the SS will protect Trump Tower even after the rest of the family moves in this summer. That is how they do it for all presidents. This post was edited by my2cents at March 20, 2017 11:43 AM MDT
      March 19, 2017 6:52 AM MDT

With or without his family? Multiple-location secret service protection costs more than singular m2c. Right?
      March 19, 2017 7:04 AM MDT

Doesn't matter. Secret Service protects the White House 24/7, the location of the president, the location of immediate family and the president's personal home... Whether there is anyone staying there or not.
    There is no such thing as singular location SS. This post was edited by my2cents at March 20, 2017 11:44 AM MDT
      March 19, 2017 7:15 AM MDT

Well no body told me that there would be math when I joined AM  so I'm just going guess and say 795.642, But that would include the cost of the food - storage - packaging and the cost of fuel needed to prepare and deliver the meals (could bring the fuel cost down if they used solar power but that might be too hard for Trump to swallow). Once well looking at the hungry masses Marie-Antoinette said - Let them eat cake. Maybe with these cuts to meals on wheels and school lunch programs Trump will be saying - Let them eat baloney (his words are the baloney). The cuts all boil down to Trumps promise of building a wall that Mexico will pay for - now in a round about way part of the cost will be paid for by America's children and it's poor. Cheers and happy weekend!
      March 18, 2017 10:32 AM MDT

I'm a little confused my friend. First of all thank you for your thoughtful and informative answer and for taking my question so seriously. I appreciate it. So are you saying that $3 million would pay for 795 meals or that each meal would cost $795? If the former that means each meal would cost $3,773.58 which seems way expensive OR that it would pay for 3,773 meals?  :)
      March 19, 2017 6:36 AM MDT

No 3 million would pay for seven hundred and ninety five thousand meals. Cheers! This post was edited by Nanoose at March 19, 2017 10:25 AM MDT
      March 19, 2017 10:12 AM MDT

hopefully a lot of them
      March 18, 2017 9:42 PM MDT