Discussion » Questions » Human Behavior » Could you ever respect anyone who disrespected you? What about who disrespected those you love/like/respect? Possible/im? Why?

Could you ever respect anyone who disrespected you? What about who disrespected those you love/like/respect? Possible/im? Why?

Posted - March 18, 2017

Responses

I have met some 'powerhouse' guys who disrespected me and whose assessment I thoroughly agreed with. Then again I have met some 'holes in the ground' who disrespected me and who I found utterly ridiculous.
    It is not as simple as just 'disrespect' versus 'respect'. what person, what areas, what agendas, ... there are a lot of things that matter. Sometimes 'respect' matter too, but frankly if all someone can say is "hes got no respect" then I just move on. So what :-)) This post was edited by JakobA the unAmerican. at March 19, 2017 7:10 AM MDT
      March 18, 2017 7:05 AM MDT

So there are situations in which you agree with the person who doesn't respect you and so you respect him/her for that? I don't respect  rude/disrespectful people. If they are impolite/rude/insulting I simply refuse to engage with them about anything ever on any level. I require civility or I am unavailable to engage. That's just how I am JakobA. I don't provide excuses for rudeness. Mine or anyone's else's. I try not to be rude though sometimes I don't succeed.  But mostly I think I am civil. If I can be civil anyone can  be if he/she chooses that path. It is always choice over which YOU have completely control. Unless you suffer from something like Tourette's. Thank you for your reply! :)
      March 19, 2017 7:15 AM MDT

i dont think so
      March 18, 2017 9:28 PM MDT