Active Now

Malizz
Spunky
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Do good actors make the best politicians or the worst? Why?

Do good actors make the best politicians or the worst? Why?

Posted - March 18, 2017

Responses

• Dear RosieG,
    I don't think you can make a generalization there...many fine people who would make superb politicians, are languishing for lack of public awareness (or perhaps their own reluctance).

I regret voting for Reagan; at the time I thought he won the debate, but his comprehension of the issues, to me, proved shallow...unworkable in the long run. Not necessarily true for all actors, however.
      March 18, 2017 1:12 PM MDT

All politicians play the role they think you want them to play Virginia. They will do/say whatever it takes to convince you that only they can do for you want you want/need to have done. Once elected their true colors shine. They are first and foremost for themselves and whomever pays the freight..the ones they always suck up to and fawn over and are loyal to. Hint. it is never we the people. Reagan is a very sore spot with me. As a Californian when he was Governor he gutted our public education system. Republicans are wont to do that you see because they don't value education for the people any more than they value health care or social service programs for those in need. I do generalize. Generalizations/stereotypes are the result of predictable patterns that occur over time. They don't just arise from nothing nor are they borne in vacuums. I know there are always exceptions of course. Honorable politicians surely must exist. Somewhere. Thank you for your reply and Happy Monday! :) This post was edited by RosieG at March 20, 2017 9:51 AM MDT
      March 20, 2017 4:00 AM MDT

depends on the actor, theyre all different
      March 18, 2017 5:52 PM MDT

• I think they don't have any better chance than other politicians.  Their acting is by script as they don't write it and that does not mean they can be a politician because they even play a part.  There are times you have to think on your feet and not follow a script.
      March 18, 2017 6:26 PM MDT

Thank you for your reply Swoop and Happy Monday! :) If you are good at ad-libbing then you will always tell the people what they want to hear. The goal is to convince them you can do what's necessary to make their lives better. Once elected they all revert to type and do what is best for them and those whom they suck up to. Are there exceptions? Sure. There must be. :)
      March 20, 2017 3:53 AM MDT