Active Now

Malizz
Danilo_G
Discussion » Questions » Science and Technology » Is there any scientist whom you most admire?

Is there any scientist whom you most admire?

Would you have LOVED to be his/her Lab Assistant?  Why?

Posted - March 18, 2017

Responses

Besides me...Niel DeGrasse Tyson and Michio Kaku. The things they could teach me.
      March 18, 2017 11:37 AM MDT

• Without time everything would happen at once.  How difficult is that? Away with are these other theories.
      March 18, 2017 11:49 AM MDT

• Take time and spend more time to develop your refutation and post it in a timely way next time. 

This boy has been sent to his room to spend time thinking about his bad manners. 
      March 18, 2017 1:02 PM MDT

Have you read his book Hyperspace WW? I have it along with many other books on quantum physics by other scientists. I enjoy it a lot when he appears on the Science Channel or History Channel sometimes too. Did you like Richard Feynman? A real character along with his brilliance. Didn't know you were into quantum physics. Nifty thing to be into isn't it? Happy Sunday! :)
      March 19, 2017 3:42 AM MDT

Hi Ele! I think you know that I am and have been fascinated with/by quantum physics for many years and I have a lot of books on the subject all of which I've read. One of them is by Michio Kaku..HYPERSPACE.  I see him from time to time on the Science Channel or History Channel. I like him a lot too. I've seen Tyson on TV but have never read any book of his nor do I know very much about him. But remember Richard Feynman? I would have loved to assist him. He was a real character! Of course there is also Stephen Hawking and Carl Sagan and  Isaac Asimov and Kip Thorne and and and and and! So many of them it would be hard for me to choose among them! Thank you for your reply and Happy Sunday m'dear! :) Oh. What's up with the "besides me"? Are you a scientist? This post was edited by RosieG at March 19, 2017 3:40 AM MDT
      March 19, 2017 3:31 AM MDT

• Ignatz Sammuelwise.  Louis Pasture.  All disease researchers.
      March 18, 2017 11:41 AM MDT

That brings to mind Madame Curie. I have never heard of the first  one. Is he for real? What was his field m'dear? Thank you for your reply and Happy Sunday whistle! :)
      March 19, 2017 3:44 AM MDT

• Yes. Dr. Sammualwise was a physician in the mid 1800's (US).  He observed that women giving birth in ward A died from child birth fever and at much higher rate than those in ward B.   He also observed physicians making deliveries in A were coming from dissection and not washing.  This correlation gave rise to germ theory and hygiene. 
      March 19, 2017 8:00 AM MDT

These two guys. They make science fun.

Niel DeGrasse Tyson

Michio Kaku
      March 18, 2017 11:43 AM MDT

Oh my gosh Zack! This is too amazing! Others on this thread agree with thee. I'm not that familiar with Tyson other than the occasional times he appears on TV but I have a book by Kaku among the many I have on quantum physics. HYPERSPACE. Thank you for your reply and the photos of each guy. I see Kaku on the Science Channel and History Channel on occasion. He is always so interesting (understatement)!  Happy Sunday m'dear! :)
      March 19, 2017 3:46 AM MDT

Mrs Mileve Maric.....Einstine's first wife and some say the actual brains behind the man .......:)p
      March 19, 2017 4:00 AM MDT

yes, the one that created the internet since im on it all the time
      March 19, 2017 4:55 PM MDT