Active Now

Malizz
Element 99
Shuhak
Discussion » Questions » Human Behavior » Are your interests/passions many or few? Ever feel a need to diversify and expand your purview? Why?

Are your interests/passions many or few? Ever feel a need to diversify and expand your purview? Why?

Posted - March 18, 2017

Responses

• My passions are mostly limited to writing, gaming, and reading within the realms of fantasy such as The Lord of The Rings and The Elder Scrolls as far as leisure goes. However, my interests are far broader in the area of leisure. I like to diversify my interests and find something new, but, in general, I don't care to diversify too much. For example, I will never like romance movies or the Hallmark channel so I won't even bother.
      March 18, 2017 10:51 AM MDT

I am limited to science and the natural world and how humans have an effect on them. For instance, I have become addicted to the TV series "Gold Rush". It is quite fascinating but they are tearing up large pacts of land for a few million ounces of gold.
      March 18, 2017 11:41 AM MDT

• Dear RosieG,
    I have basically one interest but it is a fairly diverse and broad one...I like to learn about what makes us humankind tick...why we are here, why we go about life and civilization as we do.

So aMug, Ask, Blurt, the thoughtful people, all very interesting stimulating for me...I learn something(s) new every time I come online.

Example for today, is a Q asked by Glis about consumerism; well exploring, that led to the economist Thorstein Veblen (1857-1929). He was a critic of the capitalist system, and I will likely read one of his books because he introduced the concepts of conspicuous consumption and conspicuous leisure.

I would never have known of Thorstein Veblen without Glis' Q!
      March 18, 2017 12:49 PM MDT

"Are your interests/passions many or few?" -  Many. 

March 18, 2017 1:39 PM MDT

seems like few, and sometimes i feel like i need to try something else
      March 18, 2017 5:49 PM MDT